Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch...a diaper rash question

Default Ouch...a diaper rash question

Last night I was getting padded for bed when I decided to try some new talcum powder I bought last weekend. It's some off name brand, anywho I woke up this morning with a nasty rash, ouch :'( Could this be a skin allergy? Does anyone have any tips on helping it go away or an alternative for talcum powder?

Loopygone

Definitly sounds like an allergy, I'd let it air a bit and keep it clean. Dunno about alternatives sorry . Talc isn't strictly needed for padded up, it just smells nice :P.

Stick to brands of talc you know, I can't say for the US but Bepanthen is available in the UK for sensitive rashes :0)

Quote Originally Posted by GreggyB View Post
    Stick to brands of talc you know, I can't say for the US but Bepanthen is available in the UK for sensitive rashes :0)
    I tend to stick with Johnson's Baby Powder .

If you think it's a reaction to the talc, a bit of topical hydrocortisone cream should help it go away, or at least keep down any discomfort. Should be able to find it OTC at pretty much any pharmacy.

ouch that sucks.. I've actually never had a diaper rash.. even sitting in messy diaper for a whole day doesn't get me a rash..
    maybe because I use Johnson baby powder? :P
    just let the rash air out (as in walk around naked for awhile; in home of course), try using baby rash cream, and stick to name brands like johnsons baby

EDIT: OMFG 666 POSTS!!!

annierighthurr

Desitin works great for getting rid of rashes. My BF uses it to get rid of chaffing on his legs from working out (he doesn't wear diapers), and I use it for getting rid of shaving rashes as well as diaper rash. It's very soothing to a rash, though it is a very thick cream. You can buy it practically anywhere, and might be worth a try, then I would switch baby powders if I were you!

Spearmint

Do diaper rashes go away on their own if you don't have access to supplies for it?

Wolfcreature11

Do diaper rashes go away on their own if you don't have access to supplies for it?
    yes they will eventually go away.
    and to answer fruitsniffer-if the rash doesent go away in about 2 days ,put some hydrocortisone cream on the rash every few hours.i use cortef brand for my rash.