Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Halo Legends ..... WTF!? its an ....

  1. #1

    Default Halo Legends ..... WTF!? its an ....

    well beleve it or not japan got hold of the halo franchise and gave birth to the DVD/ blue ray releae of Halo legends ... an anime. i shit you not this is real, take a look of this review The Escapist : Video Galleries : Escape to the Movies : Halo Legends
    those who still love the game will love this emasculation of the franchise, finnaly god has answered my pryers and made halo not a generic FPS. but answed them in a sacastic way wich almost makes me feel stupid for even asking but im secretly loving this. im in 2 minds about this but what i can say is that you can be sure that it has be up for torrenting for a while now.

  2. #2
    Sys

    Default

    I don't think Halo was a generic first-person shooter to begin with... It revolutionized console first-person shooters and showed that they can be done effectively on a console and not just with keyboard and mouse. It also helped solidify Microsoft's hold on the console market, without Halo the Xbox would have probably would have tanked early on.

    Here's a good overview of Halo Legends.


    I think it expands the Halo universe some, but its not what I had imagined when they announced it. Personally, I've never thought of Elites wearing samuraii clothing, but hey, they's just me.

  3. #3

    Default

    Probably won't ever watch the movie thing, but the reviewer dude was a tool. Nothing says "take my opinion seriously as a reviewer" like shouting out your biased opinions as though they were law. I'd be really pissed off if I was emotionally invested in this for sure. If I agreed with him I probably wouldn't care though. Whatever. I haven't played Halo in a couple of years, but it was like the gnarliest way to shoot cartoon people since Perfect Dark. What does Nintendo give us? Street Fighter 2? Well, technically no, but it seems like a fairly solid argument. I rest my case.

  4. #4

    Default

    It's a Halo anime. I'm surprised it didn't come around sooner. Thousands having fangasms over it.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    Whatever. I haven't played Halo in a couple of years, but it was like the gnarliest way to shoot cartoon people since Perfect Dark. What does Nintendo give us? Street Fighter 2? Well, technically no, but it seems like a fairly solid argument. I rest my case.
    Since you mention Perfect Dark, its being revamped and re-released for Xbox Live Arcade next month . 60 fps, smoother gameplay and all teh multiplayer you can handle. Apparently theres a rumor that Goldeneye maps are coming with it.

    But on the Halo DVD; I have had it here for ages but have yet to watch it. Im a general fan of Halo in that I enjoy the series, but im not online staring blankly at teh screen trying to perfect a rank lol. Good to know its getting some decent feedback though..

  6. #6
    Mako

    Default

    The same thing that was done with the matrix in the animatrix was done with Halo Legends. The Halo universe does actually have an idepth universe that is supported in cannon from mostly outside the games. They started to touch deeper into it with Halo 2, but then went back to BAU for Halo 3. When you go to the books and other media, there is a lot more to the Halo universe then Master Cheif ramboing the entire covenant fleet.

    As for this supposive "war" between anime fans and halo fans, it's non-existant. The dude is pulling it out of his ass. I'm sure there is some segment of jocks who with the IQ of a bowling ball that vehemtly hate anything anime, but other then that Halo Legends has been hugely anticipated and has been fairly well recieved by fans of the halo universe.

  7. #7

    Default

    I honestly thought Halo Legends was pretty boring. This is coming from someone who owns every game and has been playing since it's first debut when the original Xbox came out. So even a fan of the series is saying this anime sucks. If you like it though, more power to you.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    As for this supposive "war" between anime fans and halo fans, it's non-existant. The dude is pulling it out of his ass. I'm sure there is some segment of jocks who with the IQ of a bowling ball that vehemtly hate anything anime, but other then that Halo Legends has been hugely anticipated and has been fairly well recieved by fans of the halo universe.
    i agree, im a big gamer and i love anime. although what dispoints me is that i found them to be a bit short. a full feature length vertion of the package would be good see thay vamped the graphiks, inceadentally dont you think the package has playdow hair? i mean thay went to the troble of detialing the bruts hair but not hers, odd

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sys View Post
    I don't think Halo was a generic first-person shooter to begin with... It revolutionized console first-person shooters and showed that they can be done effectively on a console and not just with keyboard and mouse. It also helped solidify Microsoft's hold on the console market, without Halo the Xbox would have probably would have tanked early on.

    Here's a good overview of Halo Legends.


    I think it expands the Halo universe some, but its not what I had imagined when they announced it. Personally, I've never thought of Elites wearing samuraii clothing, but hey, they's just me.
    Depending on how far back you want to take the franchise, Halo, back when it was Marathon, started on the keyboard/mouse combo on Macintosh computers. Aside from that there are mod connectors you can buy to connect a usb mouse/keyboard to a 360.

  10. #10
    Sys

    Default

    I'm more exicited about this.

    Granted, it's not the full-blown Halo movie that was kinda in the works a while ago, then got canceled... but its the next best thing. I'm just not holding my breath for any type off on-schedule release.

Similar Threads

  1. Urban Legends
    By David315 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-Sep-2009, 06:19
  2. halo,everyone
    By boy in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24-Aug-2008, 12:28
  3. Halo 3 and xbox live
    By baby jester in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-Jun-2008, 16:07
  4. Halo 2 (Xbox Live)
    By diapeybabybrian in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-Apr-2008, 05:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.