Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Punctuation

Default Zero Punctuation

On the Escapist website, this guys game reviews will have you laughing hard!! Has anyone else seen them & what do you think of his reviews?

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    On the Escapist website, this guys game reviews will have you laughing hard!! Has anyone else seen them & what do you think of his reviews?
    Ben is random, he's got a talent for amusing comparisons but his taste in games and overall opinions are both biased and unfounded, despite even if I do agree with him MOST of the time. His problem is that he's a PAID GAMER. He has to play whatever is put in front of him and review it, even if it's not in a genre of his choosing, meaning some of his reviews shit over everything in a game, whilst failing to point out the features that make it amazing.

You kind of side-step the point there, Error. He rants about how crappy games are because that's what's funny and what gets him viewers. I disagree with the vast majority of what he says (either outright disagree, or think that he's taking a trivial problem and making it sound game-destroying), but still accept that his reviews are humorous.

You have to put yourself in a mind-set where you can watch them, enjoy them, and then completely forget about what he said if you're remotely interested in playing the game

Funny dude. Found out about him some time during the summer and kinda got into it, even though I'm not really a gamer at all. Ten videos later all the hillarious randomness kinda got drowned in cuss words and loverly sophmoric jerk off jokes, and I kinda totally forgot about until now. Amusing entertainment for a bit, but that's about all it is. Don't think it would be a great call to take it as a solid review or anything.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    A friend showed me the website last summer, and while it took me a while to get used to his monotone, no break British/Scottish/Aussie-English (yeah, it's his trademark, I know) and really don't understand 90% of the game references (because I don't play any computer games), I still find his reviews hilarious. Can't wait for next Wednesday!

Peachy

LilpawsGHuskypup

I was introduced to this guy back in summer, and he never fails to make me laugh.
    So yeah, I've seen them and they rock!

Mesmerale

I love him so much!

I don't play any of the games, but I love his reviews. ^_^

I watch it now and then almost since the beginning and its still entertaining. Plus, I have to agree on many things he says. Regarding the games I know those were mostly showstoppers for me as well.

I'm not that much into gaming right now, especially not consoles, so I cant tell if the nitpicking got worse.

And I really miss the carefully selected intro music for each video, but they dropped it to avoid legal issues :/

/e and there are actually games he loves. which are great games you should play, obviously. For example:

Psychonauts: The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Psychonauts

CoD4: The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Call of Duty 4
    Last edited by kapi; 26-Feb-2010 at 17:08.

I'm a big fan, he cracks me up. Most of the time, I agree with what he says about the games I've played, although that doesn't stop me from enjoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Ben is random, he's got a talent for amusing comparisons but his taste in games and overall opinions are both biased and unfounded, despite even if I do agree with him MOST of the time. His problem is that he's a PAID GAMER. He has to play whatever is put in front of him and review it, even if it's not in a genre of his choosing, meaning some of his reviews shit over everything in a game, whilst failing to point out the features that make it amazing.
    This is true, although gamers are capable to make their own decisions about a game. They shouldn't rely on a guy in Australia to decide what games they play, so if they take his revies to heart and don't play a game because Yatzhee said it was bad, then they deserve to miss out.