Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Abena Xplus???

Default What happened to Abena Xplus???

I just got a new case of Abena Xplus and was disappointed to see they had changed. This is still a great diaper, don't get me wrong, but it is not the Abena XPlus I knew and loved. The original was THICK and quite stiff. They were fun to put on because of this. The ones I just received have new packaging and a new look, with swirly designs around the wetness indicator. The plastic is flimsier, the tapes are flimsier, and the diaper is not as thick. These used to be the gold standard, but now seem to be par with other premium diapers. Not a bad thing, but I miss the old ones!!!

It seems like the diaper gods are conspiring against me! I got the case of Abena's cuz I was dissappointed by the Wellness Unique (NASA) brief. BUMMER!!

Guess I hadda vent. Does anyone fell the same way? If you have tried the new Abena XPlus, what do you think?
    Last edited by puffybottom; 24-Feb-2010 at 05:49. Reason: Improve the post with a specific question...

Quote Originally Posted by puffybottom View Post
    I just got a new case of Abena Xplus and was disappointed to see they had changed. This is still a great diaper, don't get me wrong, but it is not the Abena XPlus I knew and loved. The original was THICK and quite stiff. They were fun to put on because of this. The ones I just received have new packaging and a new look, with swirly designs around the wetness indicator. The plastic is flimsier, the tapes are flimsier, and the diaper is not as thick. These used to be the gold standard, but now seem to be par with other premium diapers. Not a bad thing, but I miss the old ones!!!

It seems like the diaper gods are conspiring against me! I got the case of Abena's cuz I was dissappointed by the Wellness Unique (NASA) brief. BUMMER!!

Guess I hadda vent. Does anyone fell the same way? If you have tried the new Abena XPlus, what do you think?
    Need pics

Loopygone

I think you're over reacting, the new "type" don't seem that much different to the last batch of old style ones I had. They're defenitily the same thickness as I remeber. The only difference I can see is the plastic backing changing slightly. The tapes are even better then they used to be.....

Butterfly Mage

Yup... The only thing that changed is the wetness indicator and the upgraded tapes. These are really good diapers. If you actually are incontinent, Abenas are a really big help. I'm also pretty impressed with Abena Extra. They cost only slightly more than Depends but hold about three times as much.

Would you mind posting a few side by side comparison shots to show us the difference in thickness and design?

I still prefer Abenas over Depends because Depends have never fit me good... noticed the change on them when I ordered my last case. Speaking of which, gotta order another case soon.

WildThing121675

Considering we're in the day and age where everyone has access to a digital camera (especially if they have the funds for an internet connection and paying for boutique diapers), why are there no pics in this thread? I have no clue if the OP is talking about the Abenas with the single line down them, the ones with the dual lines, or the ones with the dual lines, swoosh between them, and the improved tapes.

Heck, the OP could've just taken some pics off Google images. Diaper. Review. Fail.

It has been discussed... The new ones are NOT the same they even weigh less. Their still a good diaper but not the awesome ones they were. Another case of "new and improved" only for the manufacturer's bottom line.

Yes, along with many others here, the new Abenas aren't that great. The old one were much better, the bigger difference to me between the two is the plastic...the plastic on the newer ones suck to where if you wet too much, you can feel the wetness kind of "seep" through the plastic cover.... Yeah, they took a good product, and made it "meh".

Sorry that I didn't post a pic, I don't have any of the originals left to do a side by side comparison. The new Abenas I am speaking of are the ones with the swirly lines. They are still superior to most any diaper on the market, but they are not as great as they used to be. Since my original post I have had the opportunity to wear a few, and the absorbance is still fantastic. I'm still a fan and will continue to use them. I am just disappointed at the direction the entire industry is headed. It seems that there is a mass movement toward thinner, flimsier product. I had hoped that Abena would be immune!