Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USA beats Canada in Hockey for first time in 50 years!

Default USA beats Canada in Hockey for first time in 50 years!

Now how about that win last night, Miller's awesome were taking the Gold this year. USA!

Little ollie

America wins something to do with sports. o_O

I felt sort of sorry for Canada. Hockey is their national sport and they are hosting the Winter Olympics. This has to be a tough loss for them.

I remember watching the game between the U.S. and Russia the year the U.S. one. It was the most exciting event I had ever seen. That was back in the days where the Soviet block countries were cheating their asses off. Most of their teams had what amounted to professionals. Back then, if you were a professional, you couldn't compete in the Olympics. It was even rumored that the East German's women's teams were made up of men who had had a sex change. I don't think they had very good DNA testing back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Little ollie View Post
    America wins something to do with sports. o_O
    hehe i'd like to seen europeans play american football in the nfl and dream of ever even being able to get close enough to the end zone to kick a fieldgoal

Little ollie

Quote Originally Posted by GoodluckBear View Post
    hehe i'd like to seen europeans play american football in the nfl and dream of ever even being able to get close enough to the end zone to kick a fieldgoal
    We play a similar harder game called rugby where you don't stop for a break every few seconds and you don't wear tons of kevlar padding.

We play a similar harder game called rugby where you don't stop for a break every few seconds and you don't wear tons of kevlar padding.
    But in rugby you don't have to worry about mid 200-300 pound men tackleing you in rugby, rugby doesn't even come close to the brute force of american football.

Little ollie

But in rugby you don't have to worry about mid 200-300 pound men tackleing you in rugby, rugby doesn't even come close to the brute force of american football.
    The average rugby player's weight is 242 pounds.

The average rugby player's weight is 242 pounds.
    Really, show me proof no 242 pound player plays rugby it's for lightweights.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I felt sort of sorry for Canada. Hockey is their national sport and they are hosting the Winter Olympics. This has to be a tough loss for them.
    The good thing is, not a whole lot of people seem to care about the winter Olympics.. Just tell us what the final medal counts are that way we can be like "ohhh yeah my country pwned sewden. even if we can't name that girl who won gold in that snowboarding thingy." I care so little I won't even fin...

(in other words, no one saw Canada lose expect the people gathered in the stadium.. all we did was hear about it.)

Really, show me proof no 242 pound player plays rugby it's for lightweights.
    I don't know what game you've been watching. Maxx Jr. played in college at around 250, and most of his teammates were around that size, except for a couple of little fly halfs.

Back on topic, I thought it was a great game, and as a Blackhawks fan, I would've been happy with the outcome either way. The U.S. goalie played a phenomenal game. There's no way he should've made some of those saves.

As for the other sports, I'm fascinated by the biathlon.