Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: I need Opinions

  1. #1

    Default I need Opinions

    If you went into work and on the schedule for next week your name and hours were Gone ...what would you think?

    And would you bother working your last 3 hour shift in what you feel is a hostile work enviroment?

  2. #2

    Default

    You should, without hesitation, contact whoever is in charge and ask them wtf is going on with the work schedule.

  3. #3

    Default

    I called my head chef and he told me to " get your ass back to work and get off the damn phone"

  4. #4

    Default

    What would I think?

    I would think that whoever your scheduling/HR contact is should be able to readily explain why you were removed from the schedule without prior notice. I would speak directly to them, and only them if possible. I would express a concern around your removal from the schedule, and ask for feedback as to why it was removed without a conversation being held before the fact.

    I personally would work my last three hour shift. Regardless if your work environment is somewhat unpleasant, two wrongs do not make a right. Before you 'no call, no show' for your last shift, I would ask the scheduling/HR manager if it is necessary to work the shift.

    Good luck!

  5. #5
    Peachy

    Default

    Depends on your contract. If your contract has a fixed sum of money you get every month in return for X hours a month, and they don't schedule you for anything that month, then you can stay at home and be paid anyway.
    If they pay you by the hour, you should call them and make sure you get the minimum hours set forth in your work contract.

    Either way, I can't really say much more beyond that as your labor laws (if there are any to begin with) are a lot different from the situation here.

    Peachy

  6. #6

    Default

    I dont have a contract , and i am paid per hour. there is no HR department to speak to.

  7. #7

    Default

    Fire_lupine four things could be happening.

    1.There was a scheduling error.

    2.They are about to lay you off soon.

    3.They are about to fire you soon.

    4.They are going to make your life there such living hell that they will force you to quit. They do this because its a pain ass to fill out and file all the paper work to fire someone and its easier just to make you quit.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The only thing you can do really is talk to your union if you have one, which I'm guessing you don't. I'd start looking for a new job if I was you.



    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Depends on your contract. If your contract has a fixed sum of money you get every month in return for X hours a month, and they don't schedule you for anything that month, then you can stay at home and be paid anyway.
    Peachy
    I think this is a purely German/European way of doing compensation created by your labor unions. I'm accounting major working to get my CPA certification, and in all the payroll work that I have done I've never heard of company giving someone a salary and then not making them come in everyday to work. I'm not saying that way of compensation couldn't exist here in the in the USA, but the only way that could happen is if a union was able to bargain for it with a company and I just don't see that happening here.

  8. #8
    Peachy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    I dont have a contract
    Hmm...I guess that's different over there then. An employer must present the employee with a written work contact no later than 28 working days after the employee starts working for them. This is purely for documentation purposes. Failing to do so usually results in the employer having to prove in a court of law that the employee's claims are wrong, rather than the other way around.



    Quote Originally Posted by babymace View Post
    I think this is a purely German/European way of doing compensation created by your labor unions. I'm accounting major working to get my CPA certification, and in all the payroll work that I have done I've never heard of company giving someone a salary and then not making them come in everyday to work.
    Well, I only know my own nation's labor law (I took two years of Labor Law classes at uni). As such, a work contract must specify either the salary or the hourly wage of the employee, and the hours of work the employee has to work. The employer will direct the employee as to when, where and how they have to work (within the limits agreed upon in the contract). It's not the employee's job to decide on that themself - otherwise, they would be self-employed! However, simply not scheduling shifts or not giving any tasks to an employee does not relieve the employer from their duty to pay the employee the agree salary, or hourly wage multiplied by the agreed minimum hours. Why? Quite simple...the employee would be left without an income and unfairly depend on the employer.
    Unions have nothing to do with it...it's quite simply how labor law works here. It's a simple contract both sides have to fulfill. Same as any other contract. If you don't use up the minutes on your cell phone, your cell phone provider will still make you pay the agreed amount. Same thing!

    Peachy

  9. #9

    Default

    Immediately log a call with HR and create a written record via email at least.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post

    Well, I only know my own nation's labor law (I took two years of Labor Law classes at uni). As such, a work contract must specify either the salary or the hourly wage of the employee, and the hours of work the employee has to work. The employer will direct the employee as to when, where and how they have to work (within the limits agreed upon in the contract). It's not the employee's job to decide on that themself - otherwise, they would be self-employed! However, simply not scheduling shifts or not giving any tasks to an employee does not relieve the employer from their duty to pay the employee the agree salary, or hourly wage multiplied by the agreed minimum hours. Why? Quite simple...the employee would be left without an income and unfairly depend on the employer.
    Unions have nothing to do with it...it's quite simply how labor law works here. It's a simple contract both sides have to fulfill. Same as any other contract. If you don't use up the minutes on your cell phone, your cell phone provider will still make you pay the agreed amount. Same thing!

    Peachy
    OK Peachy I think I know where I'm not connecting with you on this topic. Your saying that German law states that any employer must include a minimum hours of work for Wage employee. I wasn't understanding the concept of minimum hours. In the United States there is no such thing as a minimum amount of hours that must be a agreed upon within a workers contract. So an employer doesn't have to schedule workers any hours if they don't want to, and they don't have to pay them anything since they didn't get any hours.



    I dont have a contract
    You do have a contract you probably just don't remember signing it. The last time you probably saw the contract was the day you were offered the job, since then its been filed away somewhere. Also the fact that you have a contract doesn't really change your situation.

Similar Threads

  1. opinions requierd for a quesiton to all
    By SulliLan in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 30-Jul-2009, 02:59
  2. Macbook Opinions???
    By Nicky in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-Sep-2008, 06:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.