Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Burn Notice?

Default What Is Burn Notice?

Okay, I just caught that SNL skit where there's a gameshow called "What Is Burn Notice?", and nobody has ever heard of that TV show. It got me thinking - is there anyone out there who has not ever heard of Burn Notice? If you have no idea what this show is, you're really missing out. It's fucking awesome. Has Bruce Campbell, hot girls in bikinis, explosions, and pretty decent writing.

So while the SNL skit simply wasn't funny (keeping the streak alive well in to its 15th year), it gave me an excuse to talk about one of my favorite TV shows.

Oddly enough, I heard some people talking about it yesterday on the bus and that was the first time I've ever heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Oddly enough, I heard some people talking about it yesterday on the bus and that was the first time I've ever heard of it.
    It's worth it to check out. Start with the first season, though. They casually talk about things in later episodes that are big plot points earlier on.

Burn Notice is one of the best tv shows on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by baconbit View Post
    I never heard of it so i looked it up. Seems kinda stupid.
    I thought the same thing when I first heard about it. A spy gets fired and is forced to live in Miami, Florida - the premise just sounds lame. But I watched it because it has Bruce Campbell, and that man has been awesome since the day he was born.

Turns out the show is awesome enough to justify the involvement of Ash from Army of Darkness.

I like to watch burn notice its a pretty good spy show. I usually catch it on hulu.

It's a decent show...When spies get fired, they're forced to live in one place and never move, and they call that a burn. This is so the government can keep tabs on them. Miami is full of criminals who take what they want, and the spy on Burn Notice helps people who are in need of assistance and who the cops cant help.

Its an awesome show with an awesome cast. Bruce Campbell and Sharon Gless! My brother and his wife met Gabrielle Anwar while out for dinner...so jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Burn Notice is one of the best tv shows on right now.
    True that i love that show