Thread: An elaboration

Default An elaboration

Humor is a large part of my life. I haven't had the sexual abuse that plague some users. Also the physical and mental abuse I suffered from a father who cared more for his drugs than his family is mild compared to many.

However these facts being as they are, I've had to come to terms with a few things. Violence was a warm sweater I wore for many years. I used it to keep me from the cold chill of sorrow. It ruled my life for many years until I was able to tap into my true feelings and allow myself to experience sorrow. Since I've traded my anger for sorrow I've had to find other outlets.

I posted about loosing a friend recently. This is affecting me more than I would like to admit.

I try my best to foster quality friendships that allow a constant and mutual support structure. I do not count someone a friend lightly and by the time I develop a mature friendship I have a significant emotional investment.

I also place a high value on humor and try to find the funny side of things and appeal to folks in my own quirky manner. see a few of my introductory posts for an example If you've ever wondered why I post random cartoons, it is just a further attempt to share the best medicine with you.

Laughter is the best medicine. It helps with everything.

I was the class clown in grade 5. I don't know how it happened. Maybe it was because I was the middle kid and the middle kid never gets a lot of attention from their parents. Ever since, though, I've been using to get out of hairy situations. Charm my way out of a fight, I guess.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Laughter is the best medicine. It helps with everything.

I was the class clown in grade 5. I don't know how it happened. Maybe it was because I was the middle kid and the middle kid never gets a lot of attention from their parents. Ever since, though, I've been using to get out of hairy situations. Charm my way out of a fight, I guess.
    I used humour a lot in school as well (and even to this day) to alleviate tense or awkward situations. I wasn't the class clown, but I had a reputation for throwing in something witty when the occasion called for it. Maybe it's just me, but I like to deal with bad situations with light humour because people tend to lose focus when they're wound up pretty tightly. Laughter helps you to calm down and re-evaluate what's going on more objectively.

Humor is a very important aspect of life and humor will always keep me insane. Or at least as horny as Tiger Woods.

I was the class clown as well, when I was in school. It often got me put out in the hall. Apparently, a little bit went a long way. Who knew!

I am not a comedian full out but I am good at creating funny humor. I like to rap more and more these days but you never can match the thrill of making a person laugh.