Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are first quality anygood?

Default Are first quality anygood?

Today I made a few calls to see what our local medical suppliers carried and basically all I could come up with were attends, first quality, kendall, and medline.
    My experience with attends were not to great so I dont really want them. The other 3 im not sure about...Hope someone could help me out before todays over because I need to make a trip.

They are not as good as Attends.

All medical suppliers I've been to tend to carry cheap institutional brands. I am not sure where folks live that the medical supplier carries top of the line products, but I wish one of them would open a store in this area.

Haha thanks!
    Yeah I called 8 of them so far and thats the only brands I came up with. One told me they dont carry any name brands but asked me what I was looking for. I got nervous and said im not sure im just calling for my grandma and getting a list..Haha

This goes contrary to most advice here. But I recommend telling the person at the store that they are for you. The first time it may feel like you've swallowed your tounge, but you will get much better customer service, and wind up with a better product for you if you can discuss what you are looking for. You may even be able to get them to order a product for you should they have a supplier.

Not that I am a shy person to begin with, but I am quite comfortable telling someone that I don't care for the fit or performance of a faux cloth backed brief and prefer the plastic outer layer.

Remember telling them that they are for you doesn't let them know why you wear them and most people would never even think to ask.

There is no easy answer to the question you are asking because all of the listed are major manufactures with lots of different line of diapers.

Medline makes 4 or 5 brands including Molicare, Ultrasoft, Protection Plus and others. Each of those brands have different lines.

EX:
    Molicare has Classic, Super, and Super Plus. The Classic's are not so good, about on par with Depends is the absorbency or even less. The Super Plus is a top performer that most AB/TB/DL's will like.

First Quality make products under the First Quality label, Per-fit and Prevail. All with different lines under those brands.

Kendal make products under the names, Kendal, Wings, Surcare, Surety, etc.

Attends used to have more produces than they do now, but still have multiple offerings including the brand Confidence.

You are just going to have to do your homework on what you want and see if those stores carry what you need/want. The store employees may be able to help you.

I happen to like the First Quality full mat brief. They are fairly thick and the padding extends well into the wings. The plastic cover has a nice feel and the mediums are white. They are quite soft and babyish. The only negatives are the lack of standup leak guards and no elastic at the waste. I get these for $8 for a pack of 16, so they are a good bargain, too.

Quote Originally Posted by puffybottom View Post
    I happen to like the First Quality full mat brief. They are fairly thick and the padding extends well into the wings. The plastic cover has a nice feel and the mediums are white. They are quite soft and babyish. The only negatives are the lack of standup leak guards and no elastic at the waste. I get these for $8 for a pack of 16, so they are a good bargain, too.

Price vs performance they are one of the better diapers out there. They hold several wettings, have a wide crotch so they don't leak, and are easy to stuff if you want them thicker and more absorbent. I was able to get my last case on e-bay for less than $25 shipped. That's about $0.25 a diaper. They are worth considering in my opinion.

I use the full-mat briefs all day ever day and can't complain for the price. I stuff one with a huggies overnite and the result is a 12 hour diaper for under a buck. Try a pack since they're so cheap.

Crazy Kid, Thats pretty much all that they sell at Medical Supply stores. Depending on where you live in Virginia if you go to Alexandria there's a shop there that sells Molicare. Also Molicare is shipped by Wal-Mart. There's also a place in the Baltimore area. I think First Quality is even worse than Depend. If you must go with Medline's Max grade diaper.

Well thanks guys...I actually ended up getting first quality and I am very happy with them to be honest. I think they are the best I have tried so far including attends but the attends waistband I had were large and im a med.

When I first opened the pack I was like wow I just waisted my $10. They are so thin and they just dont even feel right. Anyways I put one on and went on my business and about 2 hours later it was a little wet so I figured I would test it. Im not exactly how much water I poured in it but it held ALOT. It got super thick and didnt really fall apart. I then went around the house with it like that for a little bit and check for leaks where I sat down and stuff and I was just amazed. There was one tiny spot about the size of a quarter and it didnt even really look wet. So far I think this is the diaper for me. It is comfortable and isnt noisy.