Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think

Default What do you think

So im sitting in a truck heading on a long road trip im about four hours in and in a still dry diaper my question is do u think i should try and ask to stop somewhere or just wet in the diaper and wait till we stop in an hour and a half i kinda really have to go Any advice would be great just curious as to what others would do

Valence

Well. If you 'really have to go', and it's a possible 1 and a half hours to the next stop... You have a diaper, why not. But if there are other people with you, ask for directions to somewhere.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure why you chose to post this, without an introduction either.

Wait...what? Your on a road trip now? and you can get on the internet long enough to post? Sorry but I'm gonna have to call BS on this one.
    BTW sentences end with a period and the letter "i", when by it's self, is CAPITALIZED.
    please post a introduction so we may get to know who you are.
    Last edited by Varian; 19-Feb-2010 at 05:11.

Ok well i get on the net with my cell phone and ok will get on posting the introduction right away then sorry for the confusion in not doing so earlier

Your on a cell phone, my bad. It just seemed strange that you would make your first post about a month late and wile on a road trip.

Elli

Hmm, well I guess it's a little late to give my opinion on whether you should use your nappy, as it's five hours since your original post and unless you have a superhuman bladder, you've made your decision by now!

Gkrieg, first off, welcome to the forum. It's good to see you found your way here and are making use of the experience and wisdom of others here. ADISC is a really cool site. Keep up the effort and soon you'll get used to the culture and fit right in. As your first post, you're forgiven for making a few errors, but you might need to change tactics a little in future posts to get more positive responses.

Your post is bordering on a, 'I'm wearing a diaper, should I use it?' post. The problem with that is it's very time limited, it doesn't contribute much to the discussion and the community and as it has the potential to be percieved as a tad creepy, you're likely to get a few negative responses.

Perhaps though, you could ask something slightly different or more specific, that would make all the difference. For example, starting a discussion about whether people believe it's ok to use a nappy near friends. Or looking for a thread about using while on the roads. In this thread, you could still clarify your question.

Hope you don't mind me saying these things. I'm just trying to prevent negative reactions, a redundant thread and a deterred Newbie.

Ok, to answer your post...

If you haven't used a particular brand or size of a nappy before, I'd recommend testing it out in private before risking failure in public. Know how well it performs when sitting down. Learn how much it can handle, whether it will swell or smell and become noticable. Consider whether you can later change discreetly and dispose of it.

That's the practical aspect. The social aspect is less easy to define. It's down to personal judgement whether it's ok to use around the other people. Generally speaking, I imagine how people might feel or react if they knew, then weigh up caution with realistic expectation.

Butterfly Mage

Y'know, I drive my partner stark raving mad when I manage to write out fairly lengthy blog posts and emails while driving. It's really not a good habit.

Valence

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Y'know, I drive my partner stark raving mad when I manage to write out fairly lengthy blog posts and emails while driving. It's really not a good habit.
    Nice sarcasm. Y'know, it's most likely they stopped to post this, if they were even driving at the time at all. Which brings up the question; Why ask if they should stop somewhere / find somewhere to dispose of their diaper if they stopped to write this?

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this wasn't real now either :x

I would agree that it is not a good idea since I just spent four months in a hospital and rehab center because I was hit by a girl that ran her car off the road because she was texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
    Nice sarcasm. Y'know, it's most likely they stopped to post this, if they were even driving at the time at all. Which brings up the question; Why ask if they should stop somewhere / find somewhere to dispose of their diaper if they stopped to write this?

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this wasn't real now either :x
    Or they aren't the ones driving... He did say he would have to ask to stop... which implies that he isn't the one driving.