Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imported from japan

Default Imported from japan

Has anyone wanted somthing that was only in japan? Well becuse Im a die hard kingdom hearts fan Im trying to get the final mix versions of kingdom hearts 1 and 2. But so far it isn't going to happen. Becuse 1 If if don't have money I can't get it. And 2 I found out I can't play it on my consle anyway. But who else has tryed to import from japan. They make so many great things that I would be suprised to here no one has wanted anything thats made in japan.

A friend of mine got the Japanese version of Super Smash Brothers Brawl before it came out in the US and I got to play it. He had to take a chip out of his Wii that prevented him from playing foreign games, but that was no problem for him. That game was the second reason I got a Wii (Zelda was the first... duh), and it was so cool that I got to play it early. Definitely worth it.

GaashaHuzzah

S.H Figuarts Kamen Rider Figures...

Damn them for starting Showa Riders and non-costumed characters this year

The Japanese have mastered the art of insane candies, insane technology, and insane sex toys. I would spend more in one day at a Japanese sex shop and electronics store than I would on travel and hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    A friend of mine got the Japanese version of Super Smash Brothers Brawl before it came out in the US and I got to play it. He had to take a chip out of his Wii that prevented him from playing foreign games, but that was no problem for him. That game was the second reason I got a Wii (Zelda was the first... duh), and it was so cool that I got to play it early. Definitely worth it.
    I know a guy who did that and entered a Brawl tournament on opening night. He got to the last round but was beat by some other dude who just got lucky.
    I think I ordered some posters from Japan once, the shipping was expectantly outrageous.

Olivia

next time I go to an anime con I'm getting one for the psp as it's region free

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by Suspence View Post
    I want to live in Japan. 'Nuff said.
    Meh if you're a foreigner they wont treat you that well.

Quote Originally Posted by cornkid View Post
    Has anyone wanted somthing that was only in japan? Well becuse Im a die hard kingdom hearts fan Im trying to get the final mix versions of kingdom hearts 1 and 2. But so far it isn't going to happen. Becuse 1 If if don't have money I can't get it. And 2 I found out I can't play it on my consle anyway. But who else has tryed to import from japan. They make so many great things that I would be suprised to here no one has wanted anything thats made in japan.
    I think the PS2 is region locked. Meaning if you did import you would have to mod the PS2 to be able to play them. I am not sure if there's a software mod for it, like there is with the Wii. (I soft modded my Wii.)

But there are ways of hard modding the PS2 that seem rather easy if you read over everything. Also don't forget, you'll be playing the games in japanese. I doubt they will have English subtitles.

Grr... I am in Australia and therefore part of the PAL Region. Australia is normally the last to get games and they have to change the North American version to the Pal Version by changing the resolution and hertz of some things. Some games have never come out in Australia.. such as Chrono Trigger! I god damned hate region locking... why do they even have it in the first place?! Also... stupid guy in the government part which deals with classifications of games and such is against the creation of a R18+ rating... even though it would make damned sense... Modern Warfare 2 is MA15+ here in Australia... in America the age requirement is 16 apparently!

<.< And I know that Re: Chain of Memories came out in America a few months ago... the english version anyway... but not in Australia (then again.. the disc spinner on my PS2 Doesn't work for some reason and therefore it won't read discs)... I would so want to get Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star if I could understand Japanese....