Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing With Food

Default Playing With Food

After I eat a meal, I find that if there is any food left on my plate I didn't eat, I can't help but play with it. I poke it with utensils, add stuff to it, put it in a glass, and mix it up, etc... I know that it is sometimes disgusting, but I like to play with food. I do the same thing with drinks. I add condiments to it, and stir it up creating a concoction that I don't think anyone but a true geek would drink. Of course, I wouldn't play with something that wasn't mine, but it is so tempting when I see a blob of mashed potatoes sitting on one of my friends plates. I want to poke it with with a straw and see the straw fill up with the potatoes more every time I poke it. The other day, I was at a restaurant with my regular group of friends for our weekend outings, and I had a blob of yep, you guessed it mashed potatoes left on my plate. I don't like mashed potatoes that much, so I offered them to everyone at the table. There were unfortunately no takers, so I began to poke and prod at the now half-solidified blob with my butter knife, it was just so much fun to poke the potatoes like that. Then my one friend De, says "Baby's getting restless." to which I just smiled and continued to play with my blob. (She doesn't know about me being AB)

Anyone else like this, or like to play with food in general?

GaashaHuzzah

I've been known to 'accidentally' spill gravy on people at Thanksgiving, does that count?

I know it earned me the title of 'baby of the family' rather quickly... and some less than desirable joke chirstmas gifts.

You spill gravy on people? I would hope that it is no longer hot. Otherwise, OUCH!

June

Tee hee. I love squishing grapes, breaking carrots and celery, and smushing bread. But that's about as far as I'll go.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Altric View Post
    You spill gravy on people? I would hope that it is no longer hot. Otherwise, OUCH!
    It's not AS hot...

I do that with my mashpotatos. I would create landscapes and such and then end up desroying it with my fork. I had a gravy river once too.

I do that with stuff in plastic bags, like if someone at lunch doesn't want to eat their sandwich or they have bad fruit I always get it and squish it up.

June

Quote Originally Posted by cornkid View Post
    I do that with my mashpotatos. I would create landscapes and such and then end up desroying it with my fork. I had a gravy river once too.
    I usually eat my mashed potatoes before I have time to play withthem. My mom makes the most delicious potatoes evar!

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I do that with stuff in plastic bags, like if someone at lunch doesn't want to eat their sandwich or they have bad fruit I always get it and squish it up.
    That's fun too! You can squish it with your hands, and unless the bag gets a hole, you won't get your hands covered in the food.

I find it immature,impolite,disgusting and unacceptable. You wouldn't eat a football or an xbox, so why play with your food.