Thread: Unconscious Holding

Default Unconscious Holding

Hey ADISC,

I have been wearing 24/7 for about four months now. I seem to have no problems going at my home, I barely even notice when I begin or finish. At work / outside there is a different story. My body never seems to warn me about the condition of my bladder, but I am Unconsciously holding it in. I try to force myself but nothing seems to happen except for a drip. I am afraid of doing this to much as I don't want to strengthen the muscle.

Is there any advice from those who have had the same difficulty?

LilLillyKitten

Uh, learn how to relax?

This took me a while to learn to be able to go while driving, what I did is wore tighter better diapers and plastic pants I think this helped give me confidence that I could go without leaking alowing my mind to say yeah it's OK you won't leak.

It is a matter of relaxing if you have proper protection leakage should not be an issue and you should just relax and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by learning2wear View Post
    Unconsciously
    SUBconsciously? If you could do it unconsciously though then you would have a VERY tough time trying to make yourself pee, because you're pretty darn good at holding it!

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual_Gravity_27 View Post
    SUBconsciously? If you could do it unconsciously though then you would have a VERY tough time trying to make yourself pee, because you're pretty darn good at holding it!
    No, unconsciously is the right word...

He's doing it without making a conscious effort to, therefore, it is unconscious.

Subconscious is an iffy word..

"Subconscious" is a very vague word and carries many meanings in many contexts, but I would look at it in its Greek deconstruction: below (sub-) consciousness. The best example I can come up with is still very flimsy, as while pumping your heart is an unconscious action, scratching your head is typically a subconscious one.

I have been wearing 24/7 for about four months now. I seem to have no problems going at my home, I barely even notice when I begin or finish. At work / outside there is a different story. My body never seems to warn me about the condition of my bladder, but I am Unconsciously holding it in. I try to force myself but nothing seems to happen except for a drip. I am afraid of doing this to much as I don't want to strengthen the muscle.
    I wore 24/7 for a few months a while ago (using the toilet sparingly and for #2) and I learned that there is nothing wrong with having strong bladder muscles as long as you have mastery over it. For example, babies have no control over their urination, although they hold it in when they are distressed (upside-down, for instance.) Adults train themselves to never pee unless near a toilet or drain. It's not that adults have more control, it's that adults can overcome their inhibitions to, for example, touch a hot stove, tumble on the floor, and urinate in public. You're not going to get what you want (uninhibited diaper wetting) by attempting to lose control.

Instead, train yourself to be aware of contextual cues. Teach yourself the difference between diapers and underwear. The best situation goes like this:

1) While wearing diapers I will wet freely.
    2) If not wearing diapers, I will hold it in until I reach a toilet.

Once your body/mind understands the distinction, you will feel safer wherever you go. You already feel comfortable at home, probably because if you leak you'll just go on the carpet where you can clean it up. Now take a break from the diapers, and kind of alternate between them and underwear. Then you can experience the best of both worlds, and you won't limit your potential as an adult.

I try to force myself...
    There's your problem.

The OP said that there was an issue with "holding it" while at work and such, but not at home. They also mentioned that they were not able to do it unconsioucly like they would prefer. I think that this block is a mental one more so then a muscular one, and in that representation you have to tackle it like a mental speed bump.

Try to relax your mind and your body from conscious thoughts correlating to anything in terms of where you are at the moment. On a basic level you should at least be able to close of your sensory perceptions and assume within your mind a relaxed state you would attribute to being at home alone. That should help you to "relax" your unconscious thoughts into letting your muscle release the tension preventing you from wetting.