Thread: Any other Corvette owners here?

Default Any other Corvette owners here?

Well, the title says it all. If so, what year? I have an '81.

Butterfly Mage

I had a 'Vette once when I was a teenager. Oh... wait.. that was a Chevette, hah hah!

MXmadman

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    Just look for the gold chains, beer guts, and wife beaters ;p
    Nononono, you're thinking of '80's Camaro owners!

My brother has a '73 Stingray in dire need of restoration. Transmission bit the dust and he did replace it, but it has a couple bad seals in it that need to be replaced. Unfortunately, since he put the new tranny in, he hasn't had the time to dig it out of mothballs and get it going. The guy who painted it did a hack job (and took a couple years to get it done to boot), so it could use a fresh coat slapped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MXmadman View Post

My brother has a '73 Stingray in dire need of restoration. Transmission bit the dust and he did replace it, but it has a couple bad seals in it that need to be replaced. Unfortunately, since he put the new tranny in, he hasn't had the time to dig it out of mothballs and get it going. The guy who painted it did a hack job (and took a couple years to get it done to boot), so it could use a fresh coat slapped on it.
    Mine has a hack of a paint job too. The previous owner wanted it black (was red on red) so he sanded it down himself and then handed it to some guy to paint it. When the owner sanded it down, he put a bunch of scratches in the body. The guy who painted it made no attempt to fix those scratches. Not only did the car come back with the scratches present and painted, it came back red too! Fire_lupine06, you said you own an '83, but it is my understanding that of the 44 or so that were made, only one survives and its owned by GM and is on loan to the NCM.

2low

i have one , it is a 2002 its yellow
    and reallly really fast

http://i45.tinypic.com/zo8sw.jpg

I was just joking about the 83...my dad does own a 84 and a 59..till he sells it .

I am a corvette nut I started buyng them in the 70's, they are my favorite car, over the years I have had many of them, some would be considered real collector peices today, last summer I sold my 02 zo6, I had for 4 years and I bought a 08 c6 coupe, but I didn't like the 08 coupe I bought it with a 6 spd auto. bad move.

Last month I got the urge and bought a new GS conv, and I skiped the auto this time, I have yet to drive it because of the lousy weather here in the northeast, so it sits in my garage with 9 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2low View Post
    i have one , it is a 2002 its yellow
    and reallly really fast

http://i45.tinypic.com/zo8sw.jpg
    HAHA, that's great. Is that something you actually did or just a photo you found? Glad to see there are other Corvette people here.