Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pancake Day :)

Default Pancake Day :)

Well, Shrove Tuesday really!

So who's making pancakes? My friends and flatmates and I have been on a bit of a pancake rampage this past week, and I think we're finally perfected the perfect recipe!!!

For Crepes:

1 cup of plain flour
    1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
    1 egg

Whisk well

For "proper" pancakes:

As above, plus:
    8 Tablespoons of caster sugar
    4 Tablespoons of golden syrup

Whisk well

We're making pancakes for lunch,, and then having some scrummy crepes for dinner, with bacon and bolognaise in them (seperately!! not together, ewww!)

Who else is celebrating pancake day? Does anyone have any other recipes for a bit of variety?

We like making Micky Mouse shaped pancakes, which you make by putting three dollops too close together, and if you add raisings just before you flip them, then you can make a face as well. Or chocolate chips!

What are you doing for pancake day? What's your favourite crepe filling?

maybe I can convince my dad to go to Ihop for breakfast. As we are out of bisquik and well I don't like out skillets that are older then me. Yes full cast iron skillets are good, but not when they are pretty much rusted.

Shit, remind me to log in BEFORE eating breakfast from now on.

There were free pancakes today in the lounge here on campus. Can't stand it though, because the people of Toronto use crappy synthetic maple syrup.

Oh, bugger. Is that today?

If I've got the right stuff in I'm definitely making what I did last year - pancakes fried in cider. Some apple slices, bit of vanilla sugar and a dollop of ice cream on top and it's rather scrumptious. I'm not normally a cider drinker but it works beautifully with pancakes.

Mmm. Hungry now.

Pre-made mix for me (it keeps it simple!).
    My favourite filling is sugar and lemon - I've tried many different sweet fillings, but for some reason, I don't really like anything else! I like savory crepes though, but I don't have the opportunity to make them very often...

So my wonderful pancake plan didn't work too well yesterday!

I ended up going over to my mates house and we had crepes with bolognaise, and then crepes with strawberries and cream for dessert, but my 'real' pancaked never happened!

Luckily at the club I went to they were handing them out, all warm and sticky and gooey with syrup! Amazing - although why they thought that would be a good idea in a club full of drunkards I'll never know!!!

Hope you all had a fun day

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    There were free pancakes today in the lounge here on campus. Can't stand it though, because the people of Toronto use crappy synthetic maple syrup.
    Wait...you live Canada and you can't get good maple syrup. That flag is very misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by babymace View Post
    Wait...you live Canada and you can't get good maple syrup. That flag is very misleading.
    I call Toronto 'Little America'.

What it lacks for in maple syrup, it makes up for in