Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mardi gras in new orleans - 2010

Default Mardi gras in new orleans - 2010

February 16, 2010 is Mardi Gras Day in New Orleans, as well as several other cities in the region. I am taking off today from school and also tomorrow, Mardi Gras, is also a federal holiday, Presidents' Day.

This is the best Mardi Gras so far for me. The Saint's won the Super Bowl and it is a "Who Dat Nation" celebration too. The parades have been rolling all last week and this past weekend too. The weather is predicted to be cold (no snow here..lol!) and sunny.

If anyone can get down to New Orleans you can be guaranteed you will have a good time. Vancouver, B.C. may have the Winter Olympics and all the winter games. But, here in New Orleans, we have the P A R T Y!!

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

I would enjoy New Orleans but I do have 5' of snow on my backyard. But enjoy the party in the only city where a Super Bowl Victory is celebrated for months and months!

Olivia

the 16th is not presidents day actually.

Peachy

I've been to New Orleans the day AFTER Mardi Gras. It saw mountains of trash as high as my head in the French Quarter, and the whole place smelled like France piss and alcohol. It sure looked/smelled like people had fun!

So..have fun!

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by peachy View Post
    i've been to new orleans the day after mardi gras. It saw mountains of trash as high as my head in the french quarter, and the whole place smelled like france piss and alcohol. It sure looked/smelled like people had fun!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    , and the whole place smelled like France piss and alcohol.

Peachy
    Is it the cheeses from France that gives you that opinion? Or just the French in General. Just wow.

PANCAKE DAY!!!

The perfect excuse to have dessert for all of dinner!

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Is it the cheeses from France that gives you that opinion? Or just the French in General. Just wow.
    I've been to France before, and the smell in New Orleans was very familiar

I wish I could have gone this year. Next year I might bum my ass down there and get wasted, And by wasted I mean I'm waking up in another town after with a hobo on my back.

Ahh, Mardi Gras. We have a big celebration tonight at where I work planned. It means one thing, extra money. It means I won't leave til almost midnight and that means money in the bank, plus also it means I can get effin' plowed after work. LOL.

I always enjoy having fun on Fat Tuesday.

WildThing121675