Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air voucher

Default Air voucher

I have a $100 voucher from Spirit and I am looking for places to go to use it. So, I found that I could go to NYC for a cheap price, but my mom said she will not let me go anywhere unless I got with a friend, but the only problem is well...my friends(the few that I have) are ass holes to do anything with and the one that I would like to travel with is unavailable for spring break(the time i plan to do this). So, pretty much I get to let $100 rot away unless I go with a friend, but the only problem is I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!! to go with haha

If you had an 18 y/o child, would you let them got to NYC or anywhere in the Caribbean alone?

Should I just get over the fact that I'm not going anywhere?

I probably wouldn't let them go alone. But why would you want to go anyways? That sounds boring.

Quote Originally Posted by s4u View Post
    I probably wouldn't let them go alone. But why would you want to go anyways? That sounds boring.
    I Fuc*ing hate where I live it is boring, there will be almost no one here for spring break, so instead of wasting away on the computer like i did last year i want to go somewhere. I am the loner type, I am fine alone, I also like to explore new lands. That is pretty much why I want to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    If you had an 18 y/o child, would you let them got to NYC or anywhere in the Caribbean alone?
    There is no such things as an 18 year old child. You are and adult and can do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyMan View Post
    There is no such things as an 18 year old child. You are and adult and can do what you want.
    And if an 18yr old is living at home, and still depending on their parents, they are very much children, and abide by their rules. (Depending on their parents, of course.) But growing up and being an adult, and doing "what you want" has a lot more to do with than age.

I gotta say, you're 18, you're legal age in all of the US, if not the world. I say it's time to "cut the cord" you can do what you want. My recommendation would be the caribbean, it is beautiful. I've been to Jamaica and Puerto Rico and both are fantabulous. Don't go to NYC, it's full of concrete and city people. Oh, and pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    My recommendation would be the caribbean, it is beautiful.
    I second that, the Caribbean is awesome, especially less well known places like Curaçao, Martinique, or St. Vincent.

That kind of sucks. But if you can't go you can't go.

Your mom might be a lot more amenable if you go to some place safe. How about the beach in Florida?

First, why does it still say that you are 17 on your profile thingy if you are 18. Two, New York City is still a dangerous place even for a newly pronounced 18 year old. If you were staying in Manhattan or at least Shaolin (Staten Island), then you should be fine! But my trip to Jamaica Queens last August was very interesting though. As a 100% Puerto Rican born in Buffalo, I can say that Puerto Rico is the greatest and most beautiful place to go to if you stay in San Juan. The rest of the island is just purely true life and a bunch of other stuff but tourists usually just stay in the safeness of the city. And BTW the legal drinking age is 18 in Puerto Rico as well as the Bacardi World Headquarters located there as well.

So, my answer to the question since I actually know the places at hand, but in the circumstances presented here, my answer is NO. New York and PR are just places too dangerous for an 18 year old to go by yourself. If you had friends who would go with you, then I would understand, but since it would be just you then going through the city would just be too dangerous. What about a glue factory? Or Gettysburg?

And why do you say that you don't have any friends, you have 23 friends!