Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone #?

Default Phone #?

For PayPal registration and NorthShore Care supply etc. when the phone number is mandatory can I just put a random number?

For Paypal I registered with (area code) 000 000 and it didn't say anything. However, sites tend to be more stringent checking US post code/phone numbers than other countries, as I found out when I tried and failed to register a US iTunes account, so that may not work for you.

No i wouldnt. Paypal will only use your number if there is a MAJOR problem with your account or suspious charges.

Putting a random number means if something bad happens they cant get in contact with you and may get incontact with a random person who might try to take advantage of the situation and try to steal your info

i know but i don't have a cellphone :\, and its not discreet for them to call my home phone

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey94 View Post
    i know but i don't have a cellphone :\, and its not discreet for them to call my home phone
    Ouch that does complicate things.

i dunno wut to say

Give them a trusted freinds number someone who won't care if they get a ramdom call, let me say I have been with pay pal and do quite alot of bussiness thru them and they have not called me at all in over 10 years.

You don't really need to worry about pay pal since they are very professional. Pay pal has called my house before due to issues with a purchase. I can guarantee you that they do not leave messages, they will only talk to you, and they will ask you security questions to make sure that is you. They operate just like a bank or credit card company so don't worry about your parents finding out by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey94 View Post
    For PayPal registration and NorthShore Care supply etc. when the phone number is mandatory can I just put a random number?
    Aimple go get a disposable cell ohone...

The paypal people are very discreet. They have called my house a few times over suspicious charges (I have a very eclectic mix of things I've bought), and they won't say anything until they are talking to you.

just give them my number:

212-660-2245
    Last edited by fauseteer; 16-Feb-2010 at 22:55.