Thread: Pretty Neat Child Booster Seat!

Thumbs up Pretty Neat Child Booster Seat!

Being old school when it comes to baby/toddler gear items, I don't get too excited over most newer baby furnishings on the market these days. However, today I accidently stumbled across this newer style child booster seat for home use at mealtime and I haven't gotten this excited about a baby gear item in years! Most modern boosters I've seen have been little more than a square piece of hard plastic a-la fast food restaurants. Mutsy, however, has come out with a really nice one: Mutsy Grow Up Booster Seat -Apple Green- - eBay (item 270527945931 end time Feb-14-10 12:46:00 PST)

It has a nicely padded seat and backrest, safety straps (though no doubt way to short for a teen or small adult, and won't scratch up the chair it's sitting on. I could just imagine myself sitting in one of these comfy little booster seats and having a meal or snack. The seat dimensions on the Mutsy baby products site show it's large enough to fit my bottom with no tight squeezing needed. It would probably raise me up too uncomfortably high at the dinner table, but be just the right height at our kitchen lunch counter. Now to make some plans for getting one. And here I thought the days of cool baby/toddler gear items were long gone.

~Pramrider

You know, I didn't know what a Pram was until I saw your posts on this forum. Up until then, I thought a Pram (before knowing the name) was like a beta-version Stroller hehe

but some old school things also happen to be the best versions of things too :] I should add that the booster seat is pretty cool looking but i'm not in a position where I can get me some baby furniture yet, but that would be a really nice thing to have! Especially if you can fit in it!
    Last edited by Lazy; 13-Feb-2010 at 03:32.

Elli

Yay! That's a cool booster seat! Mutsy are quite sharp on modern design. Here's another couple of innovative ones:

Prince Lionheart - boosterPOD - Mamas & Papas

Advance Booster Seat - Ivory - Mamas & Papas

It also seems that some of the latest modern designs of highchairs are moving away from the plastic bucket-seat design. Like these...

Küster - Collection - K1 Highchair

Nuna Highchair - the highchair that grows with your child - Mamas & Papas

This one is very much a plastic bucket seat, but top marks for interesting design!

Hoppop Trono High Chair-www.thebabycatalogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    You know, I didn't know what a Pram was until I saw your posts on this forum. Up until then, I thought a Pram (before knowing the name) was like a beta-version Stroller hehe

but some old school things also happen to be the best versions of things too :] I should add that the booster seat is pretty cool looking but i'm not in a position where I can get me some baby furniture yet, but that would be a really nice thing to have! Especially if you can fit in it!
    Yeah, some parts of the world use the term "Pram" more commonly than other localities. To me, a true pram is like the hard body Inglesina and Silver Cross models. Smaller models having some of the larger pram features like 4-pt suspension, reversible seat unit, and fixed wheels I consider as being pram-style strollers.

That's the main thing which limits AB and TB interest in real baby furnishings IMHO - you gotta have a small enough build to fit in them without being squeezed in to the point of being very uncomfortable. That would ruin the enjoyment of using them, and it's why I'm determined to keep my weight and size pretty much where it is and not let myself go. My excitement in using these items is no doubt on the same par with many DLs when they're donning a diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    Yay! That's a cool booster seat! Mutsy are quite sharp on modern design. Here's another couple of innovative ones:

Prince Lionheart - boosterPOD - Mamas & Papas

Advance Booster Seat - Ivory - Mamas & Papas

It also seems that some of the latest modern designs of highchairs are moving away from the plastic bucket-seat design. Like these...

Küster - Collection - K1 Highchair

Nuna Highchair - the highchair that grows with your child - Mamas & Papas

This one is very much a plastic bucket seat, but top marks for interesting design!

Hoppop Trono High Chair-www.thebabycatalogue.com
    Elli, I can tell you really keep up with the latest baby gear designs! I could just see myself strapped into that cool boosterPod, and that Advance Booster Seat looks like it came out of Star Trek - very space age looking. Thanks for the links, I've never seen those models before.

EDIT: Just missed out on an ebay auction for one of these Mutsy booster seats in very good used condition. Bidding went too high to be worth it, however. For a few dollars more I could buy one brand spanky new.

~Pramrider
    Last edited by Pramrider; 14-Feb-2010 at 22:09. Reason: Ebay notation