Thread: The toilet just plugged up again...

Default The toilet just plugged up again...

I meant to post this a few days ago, but just remembered about it.

Does this happen to you? When ever the toilet plugs up/gives you trouble (which is frequently for me), do you ever curse at yourself? Like, "Now all of this could've been avoided by just wearing diapers". Now that I think of it, I go through that though every time I use the bathroom in general. Gawd what a pain...

What's a toilet?
    If this happens frequently, is there a present problem with your plumbing?

the toilet here does the same thing and most times i do avoid using it

We have two brands of 'low flow' toilets. One rarely plugs, one often plugs. Plumbing is fine. One of these days I'll replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by fauseteer View Post
    Does this happen to you? When ever the toilet plugs up/gives you trouble (which is frequently for me), do you ever curse at yourself? Like, "Now all of this could've been avoided by just wearing diapers". Now that I think of it, I go through that though every time I use the bathroom in general. Gawd what a pain...
    Can't say that I've ever done that. Other people need to use it, so it needs to work regardless of whether I want to use it or not.

A home always has something broken, you just have to fix it. Do you say that you should just be using candles instead of light bulbs just because they blow out and need to be replaced?

Ironically, that analogy works really great because diapers cost a lot more money to use in up-keep - they're also slower to use versus a toilet the same way it would cost much more to replace and maintain enough candles for the same amount of light.

Some people want to use candles. Some like to use diapers. There's no logic to it, only a preference. (Except our incontinent friends, who really have no choice.)

BKKY

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    What's a toilet?
    If this happens frequently, is there a present problem with your plumbing?
    No, no... nothing's wrong with our plumbing... It's just insufficient.

i would actually enjoy a toilet plumbing break up for a few weeks,. give me a good excuse to wear diapers more

The toilets in my house are kinda old, so they do get clogged fairly frequently. The toilet in my mom's bathroom has a problem with the ballcock, so you have to "jiggle the handle" after every two or three flushes.