Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing humor where other's can't.

Default Seeing humor where other's can't.

Can anybody else see humor where other people can't? I often find things funny that others won't really see the humor in.

A good example is in the movie Night At The Museum. This whole conversation:

Larry: "Ooh. Okay. Uh, I'm just guessing- and I'm just spitballing here- but, uh, looks like that Roman dude got cocky and climbed over into the Wild West. And that cowboy knows the Roman dude wants to take over his territory, so he rounded up a posse and put him in the stockade."
    Dr. McPhee: "(laughing sarcastically) Let's all laugh at me, the comedy night guard. No is the answer. Sarcasm back at you, with your humor box. I wasn't laughing. I was pretending to laugh, if that's what you want, some sort of battle of humor. Do you?"
    Larry: "No? I don't want a-- No, I don't want a battle of humor."
    Dr. McPhee: "No, you don't, because it would be a bloodbath. Nothing funny about Little Bighorn. No. I find it about as funny an a 'fancist.'-- It's not funny. Okay? And I will not stand for this type of blatant s-- If I'm not clear, tell me. Am I clear?"
    Larry: "Yeah."
    Dr. McPhee: "Yeah."

I don't know, I guess it's because the guy makes no sense, and is absolutely not clear, and then asks if he's clear. You'd really actually have to watch the scene to get what I'm talking about.

-----

Or in the movie Shaun Of The Dead. Like, when that first tuxedo-wearing, one-armed zombie comes into their house, and that fat main-ish character beats the zombie down. There's like this 10-15 second scene afterwards where he's just breathing heavily, staring down at the zombie all dramatically, and I found it to be the most hilarious part of the movie.

There's alot more, but these are all I can think of at the moment. So my question to all of you is, do you ever find humor where others can't see it?

:cryhankie:What I want to know is what you like about your avatar. It scares me! :cryhankie:

I've seen both of them, and I have to agree with you. Those parts cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootsAndLeaves View Post
    :cryhankie:What I want to know is what you like about your avatar. It scares me! :cryhankie:

Just answered your own question.

I like to find something funny about everything, for me it just lightens a way too serious subject and puts people at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Higher Than Hope View Post
    Just answered your own question.
    I found that funny.

My favorite funny moments are those of complete wit. If you can come up with clever come backs on the spot then you are a comedic god.

That was a funny scene. I do too sometimes find things funny that others don't get. Its mostly i can't tell the joke.-_-

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I found that funny.

My favorite funny moments are those of complete wit. If you can come up with clever come backs on the spot then you are a comedic god.
    I agree, quick and clever come backs are definately good humor.

In Shean of the Dead, I find humor in all of the 'I got wood' Tee shirts... Nobody else who watched it with me even noticed

Different tastes and such. Some people laugh at Night at the Museum, some people laugh at Genghis Khan. Whatever rocks your ship I guess. Personally, I dig absurdly random jokes about nothing at all, especially when they get beat to death. Like Frank Stallone, or how Iowa sucks.