Thread: Best booster available in stores?

Default Best booster available in stores?

I'm already aware that the Abri-Let Maxi and Bambino Quadro boosters are probably the best available boosters. Trouble is, I can't order stuff online right now (I'm a recent college grad, currently living at my parents' place to cut expenses until I land a 'real job').

So, I'm limited to what I can buy locally. My store options are: Walmart, Shopko, Kmart, Walgreens, and Family Dollar. What would be the most absorbent booster available at one of these stores?

A proper booster (without plastic backing) would be nice, but in browsing the websites for these stores, all I'm coming up with are Depend boosters. The Depend boosters are only 4"x11", and (given the general lackluster performance of a Depend diaper) I'm wondering how absorbent they are.

Another option would be to just cut slits in the plastic backing of a baby diaper, a Goodnite, or an Underjam--out of these three, which would be the most absorbent?

I used to use Tena Guards, they have a plastic back but all you need to do is cut them a few dozen times and stick them where you want them with the sticky stuff on the backing.

I found they worked better as far front as you could get them, if you put them back too far they have a tendancy to flood the diaper when you sit.

The side of the package shows just how much they hold make sure you get the most absorbant, you can buy a smaller package if you don't want the big one.

Depend Booster doublers are AMAZING. They're quick and don't require the slits with a knife.

pamperchu

How to stuff an adult diaper with baby diapers.

AB/DL Videos

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    How to stuff an adult diaper with baby diapers.

AB/DL Videos
    Personally stuffing is the most convenient and cheap (using baby diapers) way to do so. A little labor but a very economical way indeed for a tough economic time.

Depend Boost are pretty good but not as good as the "stuffing" method. Any cheap baby diaper will do. Even better are adult pull-up you may have bought to try and didn't like. I use Prevail pull-up I bought on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    Depend Boost are pretty good but not as good as the "stuffing" method. Any cheap baby diaper will do. Even better are adult pull-up you may have bought to try and didn't like. I use Prevail pull-up I bought on e-bay.
    Prevail is the best otc diaper.

IMHO, if Bambino ever started to market their duo boosters as baby items, they would make a $hit ton of cash...... seriously, there would be NO leaks ever again if parents adopted the item for use with regular baby diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Personally stuffing is the most convenient and cheap (using baby diapers) way to do so. A little labor but a very economical way indeed for a tough economic time.
    I very much disagree. I get 3x as many Depend Boosts as Baby diapers for the price that I pay just at the local Wal-Mart and they are much, much easier to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by h200420012 View Post
    IMHO, if Bambino ever started to market their duo boosters as baby items, they would make a $hit ton of cash...... seriously, there would be NO leaks ever again if parents adopted the item for use with regular baby diapers.
    I am in full agreement. I picked up some Pampers 'Extra Protection'--they're like Cruisers with extra SAP--to stuff with and was shocked by how thin they were. Yeah, they swell, but... wow. The last time I had my hands on a Pampers was in the early 1990's; it's quite a difference. I wonder if parents have more issues with leaks with these new 'trim fit' diapers.

I tried to track down some Depend Boosters/Tena Guards to no avail (I agree that a lay-in booster is easier). I also tried to find Underjams (went to all of the stores mentioned in the OP), but only managed to find S/M at WalMart--they don't carry the L/XL. Size 7 Cruisers are nowhere to be found. My area fails at having diapers . I was glad to see that Walgreens still carries the plastic-backed Depends Maximum Protection, though, and the thrift store has an entire half-wall of medical-grade diapers (kinda dubious of those, but I might try the Attends 10 w/ 4 tapes).

Anyways, the stuffing method works pretty well; I would've never guessed that a diaper could be pulled apart like that. Thanks for the tip, pamperchu.