Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Project Needlemouse

Mako

Default Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Project Needlemouse

It looks like Sega is finally listening to fans, and they are going back to a "2D" sonic. Well it's 2.5D in the same style New Super Mario Bros. was in. 3D sprites on a 2D plain. But from the short glimpse of gameplay I have a glimmer of hope for my once favourite platformer is back. Properly this time.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Trailer

As one of the people I follow on Twitter pointed out, there was no sign of Tails in that trailer, which disappoints me

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    As one of the people I follow on Twitter pointed out, there was no sign of Tails in that trailer, which disappoints me
    Not too long ago Sega was doing teaser about the playable characters.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2695/4265851561_c7ba867eea.jpg
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4276408713_b537d3a828.jpg
    Notice that tails and knuckles are suspiciously missing from the rejected list.

Loopygone

Looks good, hopefully it will work just as well as the new super mario bros wii .

But... The sonic unleashed day stages were good. I hope it doesn't go too far back to it's roots.

The 2D sonic games were some of the best games to ever exist imo. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 had been the first game I had ever played, so it has a special place in my heart. Honestly, I'd prefer they'd just add sonic, or disable flying/gliding, those took a lot of fun out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrami View Post
    The 2D sonic games were some of the best games to ever exist imo. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 had been the first game I had ever played, so it has a special place in my heart. Honestly, I'd prefer they'd just add sonic, or disable flying/gliding, those took a lot of fun out of the game.
    i will agree with you there pastrami, the 2-D sonic games were the best..then sonic unleashed came out..and boy that games sucks, i still can't beat dark gaia yet..super sonic is a ring eater in the Wii version

The 2D sonics were fun... the first 3. But really they got to offer something new then just rehashing the same crap over and over. Sadly anytime they do something new with sonic it's if they slather digital shit all over the game. The same goes for Megaman.

I am so glad this wasn't just a hoax. I will definitely be downloading this game. I really wish it had a physical copy available, as I'm a big one for the added case and physical manual and such (if only to add to the collection, lol), but oh well. I'm just glad to see they've come to their senses here, and I hope this "Episode 1" means they'll be making several, because I'll probably be there for all of them .

Thanks for posting this Mako. Now I know how I'll be spending some of my summer!

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    I am so glad this wasn't just a hoax. I will definitely be downloading this game. I really wish it had a physical copy available, as I'm a big one for the added case and physical manual and such (if only to add to the collection, lol), but oh well. I'm just glad to see they've come to their senses here, and I hope this "Episode 1" means they'll be making several, because I'll probably be there for all of them .

Thanks for posting this Mako. Now I know how I'll be spending some of my summer!
    No physical case!!!!!???? That's bull and it shows how cheap companies are these days. You should realize that with digital downloads, especially on the games that also have a physical copy available, you are paying the same price as the physical release, sometimes more, sacrificing a case, manual, archive quality disc and paying for the bandwidth (10 GB for big games) to download the game only to lose it when your PS3's hard drive crashes or you have to redownload it and it doesn't let you because of it's DRM protection!!!! I don't like digital downloads. If something is digital download only, I just go right ahead and torrent it, because if the company is too cheap for an actual disc then they don't deserve my money, discs are cheaper than downloads!! Maybe not for them since they probably have a contract with a hosting company to host these tremendously large files, but that's huge for me! Anyway, aside from all that, I hope these are actually good releases. You know, the 16-bit sound, graphics and levels that we've all became used to . I still have Sonic 2 for the Sega Genesis and I enjoy playing it every now and then. Then, the later games, which I totally hated, with the 3D graphics and sonic actually talking? I thought to myself, what is this? Sonic sounds gayer than ever and all this "can-do attitude" crap takes away from the playability of the series. SO please, developers, do it right this time, don't screw around and pretend you're developing games for the Sega Genesis!!