Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racism and Sexist Mistakes

Default Racism and Sexist Mistakes

the reason for this thread is to see how bad racism and sexist mistakes are.
    not mistakes you have made by being racist or sexist but things said or done that made other people think you were raciest or sexist.

i was riding the bus while playing tomb raider anniversary on PSP
    and i usually "talk" to the carries.
    so while i was playing i had laura jump and try to grab this spear looking pole and swing across to the next side.
    long story short, she did not grab it and in anger i mumbled "gah...stupid girl."
    the 30 somthing lady sitting next to me turned and slapped me before yelling
    "GIRLS ARE NOT STUPID"
    i blinked about three times then started to laugh
    after i explained (calmly) to her why i said that she gasped and apologized saying "i heard you say "stupid girlS"

has somthing like this happened to you?

I find it hard to believe someone just up and slapped you in public, especially a random stranger

beleve it or not it happened.
    some people have deep emotions.
    truth be told i have a very slappable face.
    it is a mixture of kramer (signfeld) the wolfman and "that-guy-that-hangs-out-at-childrens-schools-to-kidnap-children-with-the-promise-of-candy"

Quote Originally Posted by kryxel View Post
    beleve it or not it happened.
    some people have deep emotions.
    truth be told i have a very slappable face.
    it is a mixture of kramer (signfeld) the wolfman and "that-guy-that-hangs-out-at-childrens-schools-to-kidnap-children-with-the-promise-of-candy"

I'd probably slap you.

Hahah, i'm just kidding. Though I do find alot of humor in sexism and racism due to it's sheer stupidity, the only really pissed off negative reactions I get are from French people, because I actually really for some reason have a strong disliking for French people.

I have scientifically proven that getting two members of a non-white race confused is not racism!

well.... sure. yes. scientifically..

One of my Chinese friends confused two other Chinese friends with one another. And they see each other every day!

Ooh! how can you be racist against your own race huh?

Im just excited, because it made my otherwise extreemly boaring day!

I dislike SOME French people as well. Actually. Just one family, because the dad gives me really dirty loks when he swims. (I lifeguard) So I've decided I won't save him if he drowns.

I personally love racist and sexist jokes, even though I am neither of these things in the slightest. I have had situations where people have misintepreted what I had said and they act out on it, and what sucks is that I really don't know how to respond to it. I want to redeem myself, but you have to do it in a way that doesn't make you seem like you are trying to wriggle out of the situation, you know xD

I think the old biddy needs a nice assault charge.
    I don't care what she thought you said the fact is that she struck you unprovoked.

My mother sent out a chain e-mail to a bunch of people on her list one time. It was the kind that you had to fill out answers to questions in, like a survey.

One of the questions was, "Have you ever been to Africa?"

My mother's response? "No, but I've been to Baltimore."

What an asshole! I promptly e-mailed her and told her that she was the most inadvertent racist I'd ever met, and that I loved her dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    My mother sent out a chain e-mail to a bunch of people on her list one time. It was the kind that you had to fill out answers to questions in, like a survey.

What an asshole! I promptly e-mailed her and told her that she was the most inadvertent racist I'd ever met, and that I loved her dearly.
    Dude, that's awesome. I would have done something along the lines of that answer, too, though. Like, I live in the second biggest city in New England, so we're a gigantic melting pot of cultures to the point where white people are actually the minority xD. But we have tons of people from Ghana and various other places in Africa, so I might've answered the question like this, and I certainly mean no offense to anyone!

"I've never been to Africa...but seems that most of Africa has been here..." xDDD

If that offended anyone, you may promptly kick me in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade917 View Post
    "I've never been to Africa...but seems that most of Africa has been here..." xDDD
    I will sometimes go to Chicago to wander around for a long weekend. I tend to stay just off the train-route, 15-30 blocks away from Navy Pier and so forth.

I do a lot of walking at street-level, and get around via train and bus.

It is a culture-shock, and there have been many occasions where I've looked around and realized I was the only white person on the street.

(Different topic, same area) Unfortunately, whenever I go, I end up being hassled by street-people and short-con artists. It's very annoying, and I've wondered a couple of times if I was seconds away from coming to fistacuffs.