Thread: Switching sizes from M to L

Default Switching sizes from M to L

After my issue with my Abena X-Plus Mediums splitting open in the back, I decided to take the advice to try the Large. I have to say... they are awesome so far. They really are huge and hold a lot more liquid, so I feel like I could stay in one for a LONG time. They definitely take up more space... as in, up to my belly button and up my lower back. I will probably continue wearing the Medium more often still, but this is a comfortable change of pace for right now.

If you don't mind the tallness and bulkiness, I highly recommend giving them a try. You can still pull the tapes tight enough for a secure fit. Have any of you tried both sizes out? What do you think?

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by z66r2v View Post
    Wow... you split them open........ how/?!?
    Yeah, nappies do just random split open sometimes. It's like a clean tear down the plastic in the middle of the butt part, right? Some brands might be more prone to it. There was a thread about that somewhere around here.

I have large in 'Tender' brand, and they are almost comically large! Tender-Care's sizing seemed smaller, so I got large instead of medium, and as I intended them for night time only, I quite liked them. It's always mediums if wearing out somewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    Yeah, nappies do just random split open sometimes. It's like a clean tear down the plastic in the middle of the butt part, right? Some brands might be more prone to it. There was a thread about that somewhere around here.

I have large in 'Tender' brand, and they are almost comically large! Tender-Care's sizing seemed smaller, so I got large instead of medium, and as I intended them for night time only, I quite liked them. It's always mediums if wearing out somewhere though.
    Haha wow, I've never even heard of that.

I know what you mean about the comically large, though. I bought some Vlesi Slip mediums, and they fit around the waist, but not around the legs. I swapped them for some Vlesi Aero Large, and dear lord are they big!! (they're fun, though )

As with the splitting:
    When I wear to work, I notice that the padding tends to break up a bit right where my butt sweats. Ha ha! I am on my feet all day at work, and constantly running around my building; so I sweat quite a bit. It's like, once the padding breaks apart back there, it's only a matter of time before I bend down to grab something and the plastic just tears.

That's generally the case with my lifestyle. Thank you for the feedback on the size Large, abenaguy!

Now that you sized up, add a stuffer and you will really enjoy the larger size, I can wear small but I prefer a medium so I can add stuffers, extra bulk and extra absorbancy with larger diapers instead of just keeping to your size.