Thread: didnt see this coming :P

Default didnt see this coming :P

basically I've got this friend who is really fond of japanese culture , and has a fetish for said wemen, he plays Second Life a lot and thinks that furries/ABs are "fofinhos" which both means cuddly and sweet.

after some conversations betwen us two, during which i might have referenced furries more often than i should , he sent me a link to a "proud to be furry" badge

I just shrugged it off and asked what was the deal of that pic, to which he responded that i shouldn't be embarassed of wearing cat ears in public

But anywho, I'm kinda reluctant to admit to him anything, since there's this open relationship between every freshman in my course (and some of the seniour students)and I don't want everyone to know I am a furry, because news really do travel fast here.

P.S: he asked me right after when was I going to get cat ears, and claimed he wanted to buy a "furry" head for this year's carnival xD

PsychedelicFox

Wow... I guess you could tell him, he probably would understand... yet again, not everyone knowing is a good thing... good luck to you!!

I wonder what his over all intentions are. Maybe he likes you, in more ways than one. Anyway, not being there to evaluate, it's almost impossible to tell. It's not a bad idea to err on the side of caution which is what you are doing. As a freshman, you have 3 and a half more years. You want those to be sane.

well, on second life, I've shown him a lot of funny avatars (such as kenny/southpark), and we joked a little on the furry subject.A few days later tho, he and another friend saw me, at second life on a cheap furry avatar, teased a little but they didn't seem to nag me much with that(they didnt say much about that outside SL). At the time I was trying on different avatars and costumizations, so I just said that the pack I used changed the morphology of the character too much to take the items off and still look normal, at which point he helped me solve my "problem" by giving me a standard character look.

Anywho, even if word travels on account of that, it wont affect me as much, being that its still a rumour that, to my observation, didnt actually get spread, as no one commented about that nor acted strange. What I am affraid however, is that should I actually come forward and admit to it, rumour would turn into truth, and even tho people know virtually nothing of the fandom here in Portugal, I would still be seen as "that guy who likes to think he's some animal" (people dont know what yiff is here, still I would be mocked), and actually one of the friends I am actually fond of is kinda... retarded when it comes to open-mindedness, he abhors gay people and all kind of fetishes alike, a relationship that is kinda precious to me right now and that i wouldnt like being severed >.<'

I dont know... in one hand, people's reaction to the word "furry" here is still "wtf is that?" usually followed by "lulz", so maybe it wont be bad as I fear it to be, on the other hand, I stand to loose much of my social life, should everyone take the easy way and just *point* *laugh* *spread the news*...

edit: wording

people dont really understand anything that is not in the "normal"
    examples follow
    if during the american revolution you said that there was a girl who liked to wear mens pants. you would be mocked for saying somthing ridiculous.
    if during the first showing of fords Model T (a car that barely went 7MPH) you said that people would be able to drive at 100+ you would be committed because everyone knows humans cant survive the force of 50mph at most.

just with everything. wait. and be ready to stand when times tell you to.

Quote Originally Posted by toze View Post
    basically I've got this friend who is really fond of japanese culture , and has a fetish for said wemen, he plays Second Life a lot and thinks that furries/ABs are "fofinhos" which both means cuddly and sweet.

after some conversations betwen us two, during which i might have referenced furries more often than i should , he sent me a link to a "proud to be furry" badge

I just shrugged it off and asked what was the deal of that pic, to which he responded that i shouldn't be embarassed of wearing cat ears in public

But anywho, I'm kinda reluctant to admit to him anything, since there's this open relationship between every freshman in my course (and some of the seniour students)and I don't want everyone to know I am a furry, because news really do travel fast here.

P.S: he asked me right after when was I going to get cat ears, and claimed he wanted to buy a "furry" head for this year's carnival xD
    Honestly, he seems quite open minded about these things, but it's your choice. If you want him to know or not you know, you mentioned that news spreads fast around so I'd just keep it subtle & low. However, if he has the guts to say these things, you could say that he may be into it too. Maybe later you will be able to reveal your secret to him. Obviously, if he was a furry, he would approach you with this kind of thing, and not with a basic message like "I'm a Furry, are you?".