Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: chickened out....

Default chickened out....

so i tried to tell my mom today...

But i chickened out at the last second...

my dad understood that I was trying to tell her (he already knows), so he comforted me afterwards, he said he was happy that I tried to do the right thing (even if i didn't manage to)

bummer, I will have to try again sometime.

(In case you are a bit slow, I mean to tell her about the whole wearing diapers again thing)

Way to have the courage to at least try to tell her. What happened though? Why didn't you end up telling her? I don't mean to pry, you just didn't give all of the need information.

June

It was a good move if you weren't ready. Why not ask your dad to explain? It may be less akward and easier

Maybe try writing a note, or sending an email.
    I don't have the courage to tell either of my parents!

Mipsus

...I really wouldn't tell your parents at all. Not unless you are 100% absolutely sure that they're not going to freak out...and you likely aren't. Most people tend to give others the benefit of the doubt when it comes to "open mindedness"...at least until you drop the diaper bomb...then you're basically destroying your entire familial relationships for the rest of your existence...and all over a SEXUAL FETISH...something you shouldn't even be sharing with your parents in the first place.

I mean your parents don't go out of their way to explain their sexual interests and kinks to you, do they? Yeah, probably not...so I'd return the favor. Your sexual interests have absolutely nothing at all to do with your parents...not unless you're into incest anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsus View Post
    and all over a SEXUAL FETISH...
    there is such a thing as a fetish without being sexual. as the great wiki puts it:
    Fetishism, the attribution of religious or mystical qualities to inanimate objects.
    Sexual fetishism, sexual attraction to objects or body parts not conventionally viewed as being sexual in nature.
    AB is more of a fetish and DL is the sexual side, at lest from my understanding.

that being said, i've been wanting to tell my mom, but i'm too chicken to even start the conversation. i mostly want to tell her because i don't like holding secrets from her, and ya it might be selfish just cause i want to wear more often around her, but i still have the guilt of not being truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanman View Post
    so i tried to tell my mom today...

But i chickened out at the last second...
    Do you need her to know, or do you feel she needs to know?

I just ask because one is open and honest and the other is selfish and needy.

Mipsus

Quote Originally Posted by guyinthebox View Post
    there is such a thing as a fetish without being sexual. as the great wiki puts it:
    Fetishism, the attribution of religious or mystical qualities to inanimate objects.
    Sexual fetishism, sexual attraction to objects or body parts not conventionally viewed as being sexual in nature.
    AB is more of a fetish and DL is the sexual side, at lest from my understanding.

that being said, i've been wanting to tell my mom, but i'm too chicken to even start the conversation. i mostly want to tell her because i don't like holding secrets from her, and ya it might be selfish just cause i want to wear more often around her, but i still have the guilt of not being truthful.
    If *YOU* can't even accept the reality that your interest in diapers is SEXUALLY based...why on earth would you expect your mother to accept it? I don't think you have any "guilt" from "keeping secrets", I think you just want to wear diapers around the house and are so hormonally charged, again, SEXUALLY, that you simply can't wait until you're out on your own and not living at home....that's the only reason, really.

Again, it's not about ~secrets~, it's simply about something that you *DON'T* talk to your parents about (unless you're really messed up). Again, your parents don't talk to you about what they do in the bedroom, do they? No? Do you think that's "keeping secrets" from you? No? Then guess what? Yeah, yer not "keeping secrets" from them either...you just want to wear diapers around the house and can't wait because your hormones are all charged up.

Here, let me give you some advice.

If you want to tell your parents...do this right before you plan on it...go masturbate.

You'll rethink it afterwards...trust me.

I already told them,

(she came into my room and asked me what it was that I wanted to talk about)

they still are my parents, I havent been disowned

they said that they were very happy that I could confide in them, and wouldn't lie to them anymore.

they do want me to talk to someone.. but were VERY clear that it was NOT because they wanted me to stop

but because they wanted me to understand myself better

and you know what I feel better...

so can we lock this thread please or delete it whichever

(to all those who moralize about whether I SHOULD tell them or not... it is a non issue now, so we can all stop bickering)

EDIT for me diapers are non sexual, they are just something I do for comfort and security

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsus View Post
    If *YOU* can't even accept the reality that your interest in diapers is SEXUALLY based... go masturbate.

You'll rethink it afterwards...trust me.
    i know, i've been there when i entered this, i came in as a DL. so it was sexual for me at first, i use to get that purge feeling after i did the deed, but not anymore . i don't use them for sexual release now, i don't even get boners when wearing them anymore. i wear them cause they they make me feel good, like curiousitykitten said in the Diaper Metaphor topic:

Quote Originally Posted by curiousitykitten View Post
    id compare it to hot baths... sometimes taking a nice warm bath is extremely calming
    and that's how it is for me when i pad up; their soft, warm, and fun to be in. i just don't think of them as sexual anymore, and no longer get that purge feeling.