Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Defense - Taser or Gun ?

Default Personal Defense - Taser or Gun ?

I'm gay and not afraid to wear a pride necklace all of the time and I have a rainbow sticker on my car. That said I have faith in my fellow man but I realize that having faith in my fellow man is not always possible and I may get injured or killed if I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm thinking about some sort of personal defense weapon and wanted to get some input on Taser or gun?

Right now I cannot say without a doubt if I pointed a gun at someone that I would kill them. I believe that if you point a gun at someone you need to kill them - there is no grey area for me, kill or don't point the gun at someone.

Your thoughts?

Get a gun... More reliable, doesn't require batteries, and is a lot more devastating if you hit the right spot

Quote Originally Posted by NikonFilmPhotog View Post
    I'm gay and not afraid to wear a pride necklace all of the time and I have a rainbow sticker on my car. That said I have faith in my fellow man but I realize that having faith in my fellow man is not always possible and I may get injured or killed if I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm thinking about some sort of personal defense weapon and wanted to get some input on Taser or gun?

Right now I cannot say without a doubt if I pointed a gun at someone that I would kill them. I believe that if you point a gun at someone you need to kill them - there is no grey area for me, kill or don't point the gun at someone.

Your thoughts?
    It depends on what your aims are, gun laws in your area, and your temperament.

If the goal here is to be able to kill someone who is meeting you with deadly force, then you should get a gun. If the goal, however, is more about getting away from either deadly force or a bad situation, you should go with a TASER. Unless they're brandishing a firearm, the prospect of being hit with TASER darts and/or a stun-gun charge should back most people away. If they don't back off, then fire away.

Well, 100,000 volts to the chest does hurt like a mother ****er...And a gun is typically illegal to carry unless you have a permit, so I'd say carrying a taser is a lot better legally. But you don't fuck with a gay dude when you have a gun in your face.

To me, if you're that skeptical about the possibility of being maliciously attacked for your lifestyle choices, then the best self-defense method would be to not publicize your lifestyle choices.

No gun or taser needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    To me, if you're that skeptical about the possibility of being maliciously attacked for your lifestyle choices, then the best self-defense method would be to not publicize your lifestyle choices.

No gun or taser needed.
    Ooooooooh! But I wanted to come back and read about how he nailed some guy in the balls with a TASER!

GaashaHuzzah

Hmmm...

Katana, catch everyone off guard.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Suspence View Post
    this^

But you misspelled "guard"
    Sorry, just woke up. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    Sorry, just woke up. >.<
    It's ok ^_^

I just got done working a hellacious shift

I take both, taser in normal situations, and in "extreme-dangerous-deadly" situations, the gun. With these I'd bring a couple of knives, an AK-47, some cans of gasoline, a TNT and a chainsaw, but it's not the subject here LOL.

Too much huh?