Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC 10 - CubHut recap

Default FC 10 - CubHut recap

Well I made it over for their Open Mixer CubHut room party on Saturday night. I didn't stay long, it was way too creepy for me. Even the alcohol didn't make it tolerable and my whole group seemed to agree. I'm gonna get some neg rep for this I'm sure but this was only my experience. I'm not naming any names due to issues of respect regardless.

So I came in. First thing I of course noticed was CareBears EVERYWHERE. The walls, ceiling, etc ...covered in bears. Then I noticed how the way the room was setup was having chairs all along the perimeters of the room. This is fine but no one was talking it seemed. It's really creepy to walk into a room and see no one up and about socializing with each other as they look at each other from across the room. Socially awkward in high doses.

The final straw was someone coming up to me and this is the gist of the dialogue.

Them - "What are you doing here?"
    Me - "What do you mean?"
    Them - "You're not a cub, are you?"
    Me - "Yes and No, misfit works"
    Them - "Oh, well I can take care of tha"
    Them - *takes out a small whipping cane object and starts hitting the inside of his hand with it*
    Me - "Ummmm that's not gonna happen"
    Them - "And why is that?"
    Me - "Not interested"

I left after that. No thanks. I guess this is why I avoided these official activities for so long as it is. Quality control works wonders.

Similar experience, although without your final straw. In short, it didn't work out for me. I certainly can't fault the effort they went to in decoration, but the vibe wasn't right for me. I went to another party earlier in the evening that swung that way and didn't have any of that uncomfortableness that you describe and I certainly felt. Sorry you didn't make it to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Similar experience, although without your final straw. In short, it didn't work out for me. I certainly can't fault the effort they went to in decoration, but the vibe wasn't right for me. I went to another party earlier in the evening that swung that way and didn't have any of that uncomfortableness that you describe and I certainly felt. Sorry you didn't make it to that one.
    Yah, I'm kind of wishing we just stayed at the first party. I liked the first party. But the cubhut party wasn't much fun. I could have done without that guy's diapered ass inches away from my face at the cubhut party. It wouldn't have been as bad if he was wearing pants, or atleast an unused diaper, but he wasn't. That was a nice surprise.

This story uh, answers some questions about the general reputation of babyfurs among furries in general.

Falkio

Basically everything I was going to say about the Cub Hub is summarized here. I didn't really enjoy it. Although, the hosts were nice people. I think the general consensus among my group was that the first party was better. At the PACS party, people understood that everyone shared the same interest, but were reasonable about it. There were a few people wearing kinky gear, but no open diapers, or "cross the line" type stuff. Babyfur parties get a bad rap, but it all depends on who is hosting. Not all parties are the same. Talk to the host before going if you can, to see what the ground rules are.

Otherwise, be prepared to see some strange shit.

This makes me glad I did not go to the Cubhub, CubPub, or Pacs with these stories.

I was over on the 3rd floor of the new building with my little group of babyfurs just having a fun time being goofs, having pizza, and listening to music being DJed saturday night and had a blast.

Why do people need to drink/do drugs at a convention to have fun? O.o

Peachy

That sounds pretty damn awkward to walk into a party for babyfurs and be greeted by someone with a cane. I guess everyone has different ideas of what babyfurs like/should do, but if you host a party that's open to anyone, it would, indeed, be best to keep things at a tolerable level for everyone.
    In the light of that argument, "quality control" at that party has failed horribly.

I've been to my fair share of AB/DL parties, or organized them myself (never a "babyfur" party or a furcon though), and none of them had this awkwardness of what you described. All did center around socializing, and by that I don't mean sitting in a big circle silently staring at each other, or sticking one's use diaper into someone else's face.
    The "CubHub"-party sounded like it was tailored to a very specific audience. So it should have been announced as being a party for specific interests (BDSM-inclined babyfurs maybe?) and not as a "babyfur party". Let's face it...everyone has a different idea of AB/DLism or babyfurs.

I agree with Falkio though: If I were to go to an AB/DL/babyfur party that goes beyond the usual chatting of people who wear diapers under their pants, or the occasional hug or cuddle, I'd want to know before I go what other activities have to be expected. i can tolerate or participate in a large range of activities, but walking into that unprepared is never fun.
    While a party with AB/DL/babyfurs doing related things I enjoy/don't mind sounds like a fun time, I understand that this will require careful planning and won't work in a setting that's basically a public and anonymous party for whoever feels like stopping by.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Tris View Post
    Why do people need to drink/do drugs at a convention to have fun? O.o
    Because alcohol and drugs are one of the many ways some people prefer to have fun.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I find alcohol helps me to relax and feel comfortable. Plus I'm much more chatty than I would be sober which helps me enjoy strange social situations like a furry convention/babyfur party would be.

I'm capable of having fun without drugs, however I find they help things move along just that little bit quicker for me.