Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Default Nintendo Wii

Well I just got a nintendo wii, it is so fun.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a wii connect to the internet useing there computer as the router.

I am running vista but cann't figuer out how to make it send out a wireless single.

Please Help!

Do you have a USB Wi-fi gaming adapter for the PC? Alternatively, do you have a wireless router? (that's what I have) The Wii has to connect to something. Without that, it has nothing to send/receive a signal to/from.

I know how to do it with Linux, but no clue how to do it with Vista.

My advice; look around on Google until you have found out how, otherwise I have NO clue.

no, but my computer has a built in wireless card i set up what called a wireless ad hoc network, and turned it on. I went to the wii internet set up, and chosse wireless, it finds the network, but when it runs a test on the network it says Error Code:51030 Unable to find an acces point

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I can't say for sure, but it may not be compatible.

Than why would the wii see the network?

Do you have a USB Wi-fi gaming adapter for the PC? Alternatively, do you have a wireless router? (that's what I have) The Wii has to connect to something. Without that, it has nothing to send/receive a signal to/from.

where can i get a usb wi-fi

I don't know. It just doesn't work with some routers/cards.

And um.... Datel WiFi MAX should work. I think you can find it at any video game store. There's an official Nintendo WFC adapter too, but I heard a rumor that it's not being made since November.

I don't know. It just doesn't work with some routers/cards.

And um.... Datel WiFi MAX should work. I think you can find it at any video game store. There's an official Nintendo WFC adapter too, but I heard a rumor that it's not being made since November.
    Thats not a rumor Nintendo did decide to stop making them anyways that small USB thing sucked anyways. Anyone is MUCH better off just buying a linksys Wi-Fi router.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Thats not a rumor Nintendo did decide to stop making them anyways that small USB thing sucked anyways. Anyone is MUCH better off just buying a linksys Wi-Fi router.
    I think it would be chepper to get a Datel Wi-Fi Max >>>>>>http://www.gameseek.co.uk/images/img.php?w=132&h=170&f=products/datel_wifi_max_wii.jpg
    http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Nintend...S-Lite#prodimg

What is 23.97 in US dollers.