Thread: Abena Super for College

Default Abena Super for College

I have a 29-30 inch waist. I am "ripped" from the waist down from "insert sport here". Should I go for the Medium or small? I do not want a diaper that comes up to my chest. I also do not want a diaper that is so tight that it tears when my muscles contract. The smalls are obviously much less expensive. Could somebody measure the dimensions in all directions of their small abena supers.
    -Thanks

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    I have a 29-30 inch waist. I am "ripped" from the waist down from "insert sport here". Should I go for the Medium or small? I do not want a diaper that comes up to my chest. I also do not want a diaper that is so tight that it tears when my muscles contract. The smalls are obviously much less expensive. Could somebody measure the dimensions in all directions of their small abena supers.
    -Thanks
    How large are your hips? How far is your waist above your hips" How large are your upper thighs just below your buttocks? These are what decides the size of your disposables, since they will not reach your waist.

I only know 2-3 mean who can wear adult small disposables and those are really slender non-athletic fellows. The simple rule is to use the larger of hips or waist as a starting guide. Not all brands and styles use the same pattern. Maybe if you try several you will find a small with discreet low rise that will stay in place on you once wet.

Unfortunately the choice often is discreet or effective. Have you considered guards of slip-in pads when you must wear discreet protection?

I'm a 30" waist, and I wear the Smalls. Medium would be way to big I think, but at the same time the small size isn't tight either.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    -Thanks
    I can tell you off the bat, you're going to want a Medium. From what you've explained, we're probably around the same size, and I can hardly stand a size Small. The legs openings will cut off the circulation in your legs.

I wear Abena Supers exclusively, and I've tried both sizes; finding that the Medium is a much more comfortable and reliable fit. I'm long-legged with an average sized torso at about 5'11", and tucking the top of the diaper inside of itself is the best way to "contain" it below the waist of your pants.

Good luck!

I think a medium would hold a lot more, that's what helped me decide between molicare small/medium

I'm a 30" waist as well and mediums seem to fit decent enough. I usually wear small underwear though.