View Poll Results: How many do you use per year?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - 25 per year

10 7.94%
  • 25 - 50 per year

14 11.11%
  • 50 - 100 per year

30 23.81%
  • 100 - 200 per year

23 18.25%
  • 200+ per year

49 38.89%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many do you use per year?

Default How many do you use per year?

I've always been curious as to how many diapers the average AB/babyfur/DL goes through in a year. I am curious on various different levels. For instance, what's our impact on the environment? How much extra do adult incontinence companies make considering we buy their products? How much money on average would we spend? That sorta thing. I've done some light researching in this area, and I've struggled to find any surverys done by anyone. Just thought it might be interesting :3.

I tend to buy Tena Maxi, or Abri-form X-Plus. I use between 50 and 100 per year (roughly). Am curious to see what other peoples experiences tend to be.

Loopygone

Last year it was between 100-200 :X. A drop in the ocean compared to an incontenant person I'm betting...

200+
    Every night dude .
    I'm not incontinent, but perhaps there should be an option for those who are, as they would definitely be using over 200, unless they were using only cloth.

About 300-ish. Mostly just a weekend thing for me and go through 6-8/weekend, plus extra when I have a long weekend.

Probably 35-40ish.

I feel kinda guilty. Disposables are not very "green", but..I guess this is like my one 'vice'. Eh, nobody's perfect

my mother asked me once when I was ordering a case...

"did you just buy some?"

to which I responded... "that was a year ago"

I wear almost every day, but I keep the cost down by bargain hunting on e-bay. As far as the environmental thing, I make up for it by recycling almost everything else. I use the smallest trash can my garbage collector offers and it is usually only half full even with a bag of diapers in it.

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    I wear almost every day, but I keep the cost down by bargain hunting on e-bay. As far as the environmental thing, I make up for it by recycling almost everything else. I use the smallest trash can my garbage collector offers and it is usually only half full even with a bag of diapers in it.
    That reminds me I need to clear my used ones out of the void in the ceiling tomorrow

I just had a realization this morning when I was sorting through my stash and found 10 different types/designs of diapers. I don't even remember ordering/buying 10 different types but I took a picture for posterity. I counted how many I have and am waiting for and it comes to about 140 unused and I counted about 120 used for last year (based on memory and leftover packaging) so I guess I have about a years supply unless I use more this year