Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time Bedwetting since I was kid

Default First time Bedwetting since I was kid

So last night I wet the bed for the first time since I was eight. I had been playing beer pong earlier in the night so I think that was a big reason why it happened. Plus I drank a few glasses of water when I got home to rehydrate, neither of these things helped but the thing is I've done the same stuff before and never had a wet night. In fact I've been much more intoxicated than I was last night and not wet myself so I'm not sure why it happened this time, there had to have bean some other contributing factor. I have a theory that it might be from doing too many abdominal exercises that night before I went out. I did fifty leg lifts and side planks which is more than I normally do and I was definitely feeling it. I even had some urgency when I got out of my friends truck but it passed quickly and was not too bad.

I know that I need to watch my fluid intake to be sure this doesn't happen again but does anyone have any idea if exercise could have played a part? Also I haven't bean wearing that much lately and I haven't worn to bed in almost seven months so my brain isn't really conditioned to wet while I'm laying down.
    Last edited by JustInCase; 25-Jan-2010 at 15:14.

pamperchu

lucky you, I wish I could wet the bed every night.

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    I had been playing beer bong
    Ok, I take it this is supposed to be 'beer pong'. Otherwise, I get the feeling I have been missing out on a very interesting game, lol. Sorry, I'm just picturing beer in bongs, or better yet, some sort of game involving beer and weed.

it might be from doing too many abdominal exercises that night before I went out. I did fifty leg lifts and side planks which is more than I normally do and I was definitely feeling it. I even had some urgency when I got out of my friends truck but it passed quickly and was not too bad.
    This is most likely to be your culprit, so you are definitely on to something there. When you exercise vigorously like that, what you are actually doing is tearing down muscle for your body to rebuild it late, stronger than before. Right after you exercise, though, the muscle hasn't grown back yet, so it's still weak.

Odds are, when you drank a lot of fluids like you did last night, and mix that with the exercising you did on your abdominal muscles, that's likely what caused this. Even if you've drank more before, chances are you had more muscle down there to help you, so this wasn't an issue. Now that you have exercised the muscle though, you went through a down period, but the muscle should be back soon, tougher than before .

In the future, just don't exercise right before going out. Save it for the next day, I suppose. If this continues, of course, make sure to talk to your doctor about it. Bedwetting may be a fun fantasy for many of us, but only a few of us actually want to be doing it without being able to control it. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Ok, I take it this is supposed to be 'beer pong'. Otherwise, I get the feeling I have been missing out on a very interesting game, lol. Sorry, I'm just picturing beer in bongs, or better yet, some sort of game involving beer and weed.
    Well a beer bong is actually a tube with a funnel connected to the end of it. It is used to chug large amounts of beer all at once since gravity is forcing it down your throat, but that's not what I was doing I just missed that typo.

And bed wetting is definitely not fun. It would suck to have to wash my bedding all the time, plus there was someone else sleeping in the room with me which is pretty common in my house. Luckily he didn't wake up until I had gotten changed and removed the wet blanket. I was also lucky because I slept on my back, which I rarely, do so most of the pee got on my stomach and blanket and not on the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    Well a beer bong is actually a tube with a funnel connected to the end of it.
    We used to call this "funneling", but yeah it's a lot of beer in very little time.

I suspect it's the exercise and the increased liquids, but for a different reason than already given. I wet the bed every night so I'm speaking from experience here. When you exercise a lot, your body needs down time during sleep. The deep sleep or "delta" sleep that usually occurs earlier in the night is the time when your body is in it's repair phase. Elite athletes get a lot of delta sleep. Delta sleep (also called slow wave sleep or stage four sleep) is also when bedwetting usually occurs. Further, alcohol tends to disrupt sleep patterns especially later on in the night. So I'm guessing it was the combination of the alcohol, the increased exercise and the fact that you were a bedwetter as a child.

Kinda sounds like the game "Clue", I think it was the child bedwetter with the alcohol in the exercise room.

zozz

At least you don't wet nights like I do

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    I wet the bed mostly every night and it isn't as great as it seems. It limits you in a lot of ways from having a "normal" life. You are reluctant to have friends over or go over to your friend's houses for the night. When people find out for the first time they think you are weird..or worse. You have to do a lot of explaining why you wet the bed, even to relatives, who, may, or may not believe you. Again..the weird thing! There are lots of drawbacks to being a nighttime bedwetter besides just the wearing of a diaper to bed.

I think that the best way, if you like to wear diapers, it to just be able to wear them for fun, when you like them and when it is convenient to you. That way you can control the pleasure you get from your diaper and never be worry that you cannot stop wearing them whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    I do wet the bed every night.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
    I wet the bed mostly every night and it isn't as great as it seems. It limits you in a lot of ways from having a "normal" life. You are reluctant to have friends over or go over to your friend's houses for the night. When people find out for the first time they think you are weird..or worse. You have to do a lot of explaining why you wet the bed, even to relatives, who, may, or may not believe you. Again..the weird thing! There are lots of drawbacks to being a nighttime bedwetter besides just the wearing of a diaper to bed.

I think that the best way, if you like to wear diapers, it to just be able to wear them for fun, when you like them and when it is convenient to you. That way you can control the pleasure you get from your diaper and never be worry that you cannot stop wearing them whenever you want.
    some good points there. Be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowstain View Post
    I do wet the bed every night.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

some good points there. Be careful what you wish for.
    its true... ive wet the bed most of my life... stopped about a year ago... (for the most parts, accidents still happen)

but its not all glam... there is really no upside to being a bedwetter...