Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know what this may be?

Default Anybody know what this may be?

Hey everyone, about 2 days ago, I got this completely random pain in my tooth (right side, all the way in the back) and it hurt to just open my mouth. The next day the pain went away slightly, but it was still pretty bothersome. My mother suggested that it was a cavity (my dental care doesn't allow cavities lol) I ruled that out quickly because I can recognize cavities as I had them often as a young child. (I also checked the tooth.) Now today, the pain in my tooth is gone completely but I have pain in my gumline (right above that tooth) anyone have any clue as to what this could be?

You ever see that movie alien, thats deffinetly 100% it

A real doctor? Ehh... I thank you for suggesting the smart thing, but I could care less about seeing a doctor. Just trying to gain a little insight from good people lol

just a guess but it sounds like you could be developing an abscess...

Thanks, that sounds pretty likely, but I'm not quite sure. I just read up on it and it said that it gets progressively more painful but it seems like the pain is weakening for me. I also noticed that I've been chewing ice a lot lately... Perhaps it's just sensitivity?

If you're around 15, your wisdom teeth could be growing in. I has so much freaking pain when mine were popping out of my gums, and it often hurt the tooth in front of it. Or you could have pinched a nerve or something. Or, like you said, sensitivity. Sorry, man, I know nothing about teeth. All I know about them is that you chew with them and that old people don't have them.

LilpawsGHuskypup

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    If you're around 15, your wisdom teeth could be growing in. I has so much freaking pain when mine were popping out of my gums, and it often hurt the tooth in front of it.
    That's my guess as well. I have a friend who had the same symptom a while back. I suggest seeing a dentist if it gets worse.
    Tooth pain is not a great hit...

Thanks everyone. I guess it could be anything :/ And NeiNei, I'm with you lol I know nothing about teeth. I just know that when I was young, I was told to brush really good and everything'll be good. Now I haven't had a cavity in about 10 years

I rarely brushed when I was a kid and never had a cavity. The brushing thing Is BS.
    I brush now because of my breath. I like it to be nice but still.