Thread: Got a few questions about depends

Default Got a few questions about depends

I can't get any better diaper than what is at Walmart, so don't say get better ones online.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting more diapers at Walmart. I'm going to get the super plus absorbancy, because I really like them. I want to get some other kind of diaper as well like a pull-up or something I can take off and on easily.

My other question is about stuffers. How well would the guards work? Are they plastic covered? How big is the package? It needs to fit in a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by muffin View Post
    I want to get some other kind of diaper as well like a pull-up or something I can take off and on easily.

My other question is about stuffers. How well would the guards work? Are they plastic covered? How big is the package? It needs to fit in a backpack.
    I would be weary of any adult pull-ups available to you. None of them have guards, so all of them are really bad at leak control. They are stuffers, at best, but only if you tear them apart, lol (or maybe have them serve as an under diaper, under a taped-up type?). Goodnites are generally better, and some people are able to get Pull-Ups, Easy-Ups, and UnderJamz to work, as well. Those each have guards, but don't hold up as well as a traditional adult diaper would, obviously.

I wouldn't recommend the Guards as stuffers. Guards are designed for those with light incontinence issues and for people who 'dribble a little' so that they can still wear regular underwear. They are plastic-backed, with adhesive to attach them to regular underwear. I have made them work as stuffers though. You just need to cut holes on the bottom first. They also come in a bag of 52, which makes it fairly large (although they're packed rolled-up and individually wrapped).

I would recommend the Depends Boosts instead. I know I've seen them at Walmart before. They come in a package of 20 (instead of 52 like the Guards), so that would be a lot more likely to fit in your backpack than the Guards, too. Hope that helped.

Edit: Oh, and the Boosts don't have a plastic-back, just the cotton-like fabric. They have a little adhesive, but they'll leak right through the back to the diaper, making them ideal.

Incorrect.... Walmart carries Assurance Overnight pull-ups and THEY HAVE LEAKGUARDS.

Also, addiing boosters/stuffers doesn't work as well in a pull-up due to the thinner crotch design.

Quote Originally Posted by WoXxY View Post
    Walmart carries Assurance Overnight pull-ups and THEY HAVE LEAKGUARDS.
    Really?!? Wow! I don't really ever shop at Walmart, so I wasn't aware of this. Have you tried them? I would be interested if they actually work okay.

Also, addiing boosters/stuffers doesn't work as well in a pull-up due to the thinner crotch design.
    Fair enough, but I was actually referring to their usage with a traditional tape-up style diaper.

Thanks spddan. I was thinking of getting the boosters. I might get the pull-ups woxxy recommened.

It's been a long while since I've used them, but they do absorb more than your average pullup. I remember them feeling a bit bulky (in a good way) but they sag when wet and heavy. I hope they haven't ruined the design yet.

Actually whatever the house brand over at Target isn't too bad in a pinch when I can't get my premium ones (molicare/tena/abena/dry24/wellness).