View Poll Results: Is your penis circumcised (check below for definition)? Read the options carefully!

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am from the U.S. and I am NOT circumcised!

12 15.38%
  • I am from the U.S. and I have been circumcised at birth.

35 44.87%
  • I am from the U.S. and have been circucised for medical reasons.

0 0%
  • I am from the U.S. and have been circumcised by my own choice.

0 0%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and I am NOT circumcised.

20 25.64%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and I have been circumcised at birth.

7 8.97%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and have been circucised for medical reasons.

2 2.56%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and have been circumcised by my own choice.

0 0%
  • Other (?) Explain!

2 2.56%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Circumcision

Peachy

Default Circumcision

Since we now have discussions on breast and penis size, one popular topic is still missing in the adult forum. So let's get a mature and organized discussion going on...circumcision.

I'm obviously talking about male circumcision, as female circumcision (don't ask me how that works - women don't have an awful lot down there one could cut off!) is condemed by the United Nations and should thus be illegal in the countries all of our members live in, so there shouldn't be anyone with any experience in that field.

Before we start the discussion, some facts:

What is circumciscion?
    Circumcision is quite simply the removal of the foreskin on a male's penis. The foreskin is a layer of normal skin that protects the tip/head of a penis. On a normal flacid penis, the foreskin should cover all or most of the tip/head of the penis to protect it, as the head's skin is very thin and thus very sensitive. As the penis gets erect, the foreskin will either slide back or be pulled back by the owner to reveal the head of the penis and thus get ready for sexual intercourse.
    If you're unsure about whether or not your circumcised (and you're not a girl ), check if you can easily (!) pull back the skin at the top of your penis when it's in a non-erect or semi-erect state and if the loose skin on your penis' shaft can cover the entire tip/head of your penis (unless erect). If that is not the case for you, you're most likely circumcised.

Pros and cons
    People claim that an uncircumcised penis enhances the feeling both partners get from sexual activities: Keeping the sensitive head of the penis protected by the foreskin and only revealing it for sexual intercourse keeps it sensitive to the touch and thus gives the male a more pleasurable feeling when actual intercourse occurs. In addition, the foreskin acts as an additional lubricant when it slides on and off the head of the penis during sexual intercourse. It reduces friction, as a circumcised (w/o the foreskin) would rub along the walls of the vagina and could cause pain to the girl if there is insufficient lubrication.
    People in favor of circumcision mostly cite hygiene reasons as an argument. Dead skin cells from the head of the penis are trapped inside the foreskin and cause a nasty and somewhat smelly white residue to collect between foreskin and the head of the penis. Cutting the foreskin off obviously eliminates the residue and thus reduces the risk of infection.

The poll

I've heard and read that circumcision is the rule rather than the exception in America and routinely done shortly after the birth of a male decendent. In Europe, it tends to be the exception rather than the rule.
    Aside from that, circumcision can be done for medical reasons and later in life by choice of the male himself rather than his parents.
    To test the theory of the different attitudes towards circumcision in the U.S. and elsewhere, there are 8 different poll options. Please choose the correct one!
    Note: It's an anonymous poll, so no one will find out about your male member!

And now feel free to discuss the matter in all detail, pro and cons and personal opinion, but keep it at a mature level!

Peachy

EmeraldsAndLime

Uncut, and not from the US.

In my area, I seem to be in the majority. I've had this discussion with other male friends before and we were all in the same boat. It seems the previous generation was all for leaving the member alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    People in favor of circumcision mostly cite hygiene reasons as an argument. Dead skin cells from the head of the penis are trapped inside the foreskin and cause a nasty and somewhat smelly white residue to collect between foreskin and the head of the penis. Cutting the foreskin off obviously eliminates the residue and thus reduces the risk of infection.
    Counter-argument:

Anyone who lives decently will take a shower at least once a day, or once every two days (if they are really pushing it). It only takes a few seconds to roll the foreskin back and wash it. Doing so keeps it clean and in avoidance of all that stuff. So it's really easy to avoid anything bad.

Circumcision may be a better alternative in places where hygiene practices aren't so good.

By the way, I believe that "smelly white residue" is called "smegma".

American by birth, and uncut~

I will be making the decisions regarding mutilating my penis thankyaverymuch.

Well I'm not from the US, or circumcised.
    I don't understand how it could ever catch on... It's cutting part off part off your penis!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    By the way, I believe that "smelly white residue" is called "smegma".
    People where I live call it "Dick cheese".

Yeah, or smegma! Like..omg ewww icky GROSS
    Hygiene is paramount, srsly. Cleanliness is next to godliness, kthx ~<3

I am from the US. And I am happily cut. And my son will definitely be cut, and damn it, he'll be happy too.

I don't have one, but I do have a preference. I much prefer to look upon a circumcised male. That is, of course, a personal preference based upon the visual appeal. If I'd had sons they would have been circumcised shortly after birth (for health & hygiene reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    I don't have one, but I do have a preference. I much prefer to look upon a circumcised male. That is, of course, a personal preference based upon the visual appeal. If I'd had sons they would have been circumcised shortly after birth (for health & hygiene reasons).
    See that gentlemen? Baby Jake... the ladies' preference.

Not From USA and not Circumcised.
    In my opinion, since it is something personal and very important,must be the person himself to decide if he want to be circumcised or not, and parents or other people can't choose for you (like some religions that require circumcision after birth).
    Pro, I've learnt at school that help hygene and is suggested for people with difficulties to pull back skin from top of the penis.
    Plus I've read on a Magazine that recent studies proved that circumcised men feelmore pleasure during sex.