Thread: New Nappy Lover

Default New Nappy Lover

Hi all,

I'm a nappy lover from UK (London). Married, two great (grown up) children. I have worn nappies and plastic pants for 3 years and just love the security and good nights sleep they give.

If I'm honest I really have no idea where my nappy wearing comes from except possibly as a 12 year old (in the 60's) I spent a couple of months in hospital and as was the practice in those days was left in a sort of terry nappy and waterproof pants. You weren't expected to use them, it was a 'just in case' sort of thing. I never really thought about it much until again until much late in life (10 years ago or so) when I stumbled on the ACMedi website (dont't ask!) selling plastic pants and it sort of reawakend those memories.

Exploring a bit further I discovered this whole AB/DL community and was mighty relieved to understand that my stirrings were not altogether unusual.

Like lots of folk, I suspect, I struggled for a while before plucking up courage and buying some bits from Boots. Unlike France, Germany, US and many other countries, shops in the UK just do not sell adult nappies or pants, for the main part we have to rely on the internet and mail order with all the possible embarrasments of discovery that go with them. Where do you have a big carton of nappies delivered where questions will not be asked?

Initially I could only 'wear' when alone in the house and that wasn't without its fair share of panic moments when I thought I heard the door go:-). I managed at other times but never with the openess that I would have liked.

Anyway, long story short, a few tears ago I suffered a bout of nocturnal enuresis. Horrified when it first happened and was muchly embarassed when wife awoke. Not sure what brought it on but to save the bed linen I now ordered some continence slips and wore them openly for the first time. The nocturnal enuresis simply went away after a few months but the side effect of wearing the nappy each night was that I slept better than I had in years so, and I know this sounds thin! I explained the sense of security thing and sleep quality to my wife and to my eternal surprise, she was completely cool about it. Not her bag but she is happy for me. What a gem, eh?

Anyway, that's me.

NppSteve
    Last edited by nppsteve; 22-Jan-2010 at 12:37. Reason: I prolly needed to say a bit more about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nppsteve View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a nappy lover from UK (London). Married, two great (grown up) children. I have worn nappies and plastic pants for 3 years and just love the security and good nights sleep they give.

NppSteve
    Hi Steve ... Thought I'd say hello as I saw you're down as "new" ... I'm just finding my way round this forum.

I'm also into nappies and plastic pants ... I've liked them since I way very young (bit unusual). I'm not into obvious wearing or embarrassing anyone who might notice ... I just like wearing them and being a bit damp in them.

Hi PP, thanks for your welcome. Nice to know there are others around London.

Funny how the majority of us nappy folk seem to be men. I wonder why?

Smile

HI Steve. Great introduction - and nice to hear from a fellow Englishman! You're so lucky to have an understanding other half (even if she doesn't join in).

I know what you mean about the relief of finding other AB/DLs online. I wondered if I was the only one in the country at one point! My first buying experiences were in Boots too, but the quality of the stuff you can order online is *so* much better!

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticPant View Post
    I'm also into nappies and plastic pants ... I've liked them since I way very young (bit unusual).
    I'm not sure that it is that unusual (amongst AB/DLs, anyway!). I must've been about 4 or 5 when I started "secretly" trying to wear nappies again. Of course "discretion" was not a word that I understood at that age...

Anyway, welcome to the site both of you. Hope you have fun here.

P.S. Oh, god - I just remembered I still haven't written my own introduction yet. Uh-oh. I'm in trouble! I'll get that sorted soon, okay?

LilpawsGHuskypup

Hello Steve, welcome to Adisc.
    I shall be honest, you make me curious; since you say that you're a married, have raised two children and yet you're a nappy lover. That's quite something! The first I've seen.
    I for one would be very interested in hearing how you managed to do that.

Enjoy your stay!

Like I say, kids are grown and flown now and my nappy interest only really came to the fore in the last 10 years or so. For the first 5 or 6 of those it was a fascination which I did very little about it. It's only in the last 3-4 that I have worn nappies and then again only in the last 2 that I have worn openly (at night) at home.

I'm damned certain I'm not the only married guy ever to wear nappies:-).

LilpawsGHuskypup

Alrighty. That makes sense.

I'm damned certain I'm not the only married guy ever to wear nappies:-).
    No, most certainly not. ^^

Welcome to ADISC! Hope you enjoy it here and our supportive community! Peace and Love

Quote Originally Posted by nppsteve View Post
    Funny how the majority of us nappy folk seem to be men. I wonder why?
    I've noticed that too ... ... perhaps the sensation of a warm damp nappy is different for us.