Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Do these people annoy you?

  1. #1

    Default Do these people annoy you?

    Well my friends and I were having a discussion about improving our image, such as what dominos is doing with there new pizza commercials. And one thing that they said that annoys them about me is the way i speak. I have been told I talk as if I am reading out of a text book. I sound like a venture capitalist one wall street. I am just not using language that a normal 17 y/o should be using.

    Am I just years ahead of everyone? Do people like me annoy the fuck out of you? Would using language like such annoy you if you had to listen to it everyday?

    I am just feeling a bit down about this, b/c I speak like this everyday.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well my friends and I were having a discussion about improving our image, such as what dominos is doing with there new pizza commercials. And one thing that they said that annoys them about me is the way i speak. I have been told I talk as if I am reading out of a text book. I sound like a venture capitalist one wall street. I am just not using language that a normal 17 y/o should be using.

    Am I just years ahead of everyone? Do people like me annoy the fuck out of you? Would using language like such annoy you if you had to listen to it everyday?

    I am just feeling a bit down about this, b/c I speak like this everyday.

    I don't know, that post sure does scream typical seventeen-year-old teenager.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    I don't know, that post sure does scream typical seventeen-year-old teenager.
    Are you being sarcastic?

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Not in the slightest; it's nice to see overly pretentious statements.

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't know, do you sound pretentious? If so, then, well... kinda.

    ---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

    You know that sounds too harsh. Of course I could never judge without knowing you. Just be yourself and don't worry about others.

  6. #6

    Default

    To be honest,

    sometimes you use the wielded vocabulary, (often referring to political or economical matters). And..I do find it pretty annoying. It sounds kinda pretentious if you ask me.

    But, just my opinion.

  7. #7

    Default

    The only thing that I can see from what you post is that you try to use long words where a shorter word would suffice, and make unnecessary comparisons to events, and allusions to things that are somewhat similar to what you're saying. I don't know if this is just the strange way you were taught to speak, but it comes across as very unnatural and contrived. I could say "This class sucks, man", or I could say "This class is extensively boring and inextricably-placed; I can't get rid of it because nothing else works with my schedule. I wonder if this is the same malaise that the Puritans must have felt in their day-to-day activities". They both say the same thing but the second one is overly verbose. Maybe you are excellent in your studies, or maybe you give yourself too much credit, and that may make you come across as sophomoric.

    Either way, try to learn the vernacular and be as trite as you can in your exclamations. That is, if you want to 'improve your image'. I don't know what you're like but I know those people who act distant and better than everyone else. Are they better than us? I don't know, and I don't care. They're obnoxious and nobody likes the air of superiority they give off, especially since they utterly fail to make friends because they're too concerned with keeping up their image of who-knows-what. Talking on the internet is one thing; I'm not nearly as eloquent in regular conversations, but I can definitely focus people on what I'm saying. It's never too late to develop a personality!

    You don't have to change anything though, if that's not what your personality is like. Don't try to be someone you aren't.

  8. #8

    Default

    I dont think your annoying for the way you talk, what i do find annoying is people who can not talk proper english and use one word to speak for several different things, I have always talked ahead of my age and i believe it shows maturity.. i used to be exactly the same way at 17. I realize some people don't like it as i saw it apparent to me but then again these people are mostly just jealous

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    I dont think your annoying for the way you talk, what i do find annoying is people who can not talk proper english and use one word to speak for several different things, I have always talked ahead of my age and i believe it shows maturity.. i used to be exactly the same way at 17. I realize some people don't like it as i saw it apparent to me but then again these people are mostly just jealous

    Cannot*
    "I" is capitalized.
    You used "your" in the sense of "you're."
    "English" is capitalized.
    "Don't" is missing an apostrophe.
    (There are more errors; these are the most apparent.)

    Please, if you're going to talk about others not speaking proper English, don't post with so many errors in your post.

  10. #10

    Default

    I mean eloquent speak is better than Cellphone speak, which is better than babyspeak, which is better than Shyriiwook (Language of the Wookiees). It just pisses me off when one doesn't answer a Yes/No Question with Yes/No. Its always Plausible/Inconclusive/I LOVE SCHOOL I hate them so much!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Cannot*
    "I" is capitalized.
    You used "your" in the sense of "you're."
    "English" is capitalized.
    "Don't" is missing an apostrophe.
    (There are more errors; these are the most apparent.)

    Please, if you're going to talk about others not speaking proper English, don't post with so many errors in your post.
    I think it is from a cellphone I have heard.

Similar Threads

  1. Why are people annoyed by innocent people?
    By Calico in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-Jul-2009, 15:02
  2. Little Things In Life That Annoy You
    By Jaiden in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-Jun-2008, 18:37
  3. People come and Go
    By baby_mike in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-Apr-2008, 01:34
  4. People will believe anything
    By chevre in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2008, 14:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.