Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: depression in the IRC

Default depression in the IRC

What is the difference between one person who is sparsely depressed but is seriously depressed when depressed compared to a selective group of people were depression is omnipresent?

I am referring to me and my activity in the IRC

My thoughts about the IRC

I have drastic outburst of anger in the IRC because I am too familiar with everyone and I am tired of their shit. tThe IRC is not a suicide hotline but everyone still goes there with their angst and depression like they don’t have any self reliance of faith in themselves that they can solve a life problem. It irritates the hell out of me and my list of people I can't stand grows and grows. And I am the only one who has any balls to call people on their bullshit. So I am removing myself from the IRC.

What happened to people? I always thought people we strong willed and able to accomplish anything with enough determination, hmm how did I get that wrong? Oh yeah, thanks for lying to me mom.

Most of the people on this sight are weak willed, they pop the anti depressants upon the good doctor’s orders, not even taking the time to consider that there is nothing actually wrong with them besides an inferiority complex. We all deny the chance to think for ourselves. We inherit lies, we waste time on the trivial. We follow tradition to quench our thirst and swallow vomit from our ancestors.

What happened to self dependency and reliance? Did we abandon the idea that we can achieve answers most desired when our solution arises from the culmination of our frequent inner struggles after we have taken the time to understand the problem for a group of people who are unaware that they have made it their job to cope with other people's problems?

Why are we so quick to hide our idiosyncrasies behind our maladies and go on clamoring for psychological help when we have made no effort to resolve it by ourselves first

I would rather see megalomania than worthlessness because it is less annoying

and for suicide?

When I am depressed I only go for help when I can't resolve it myself, if I have come to anyone about me being depressed, I have been dealing with it for a substantial amount of time

But I am too proud to commit suicide or even kick around the idea of suicide because I am too proud. I am far too intelligent to waste 11 or more years or mental expansion to throw it all away on a fling of misguided passion. aAnd plus, people expect me to kill myself, so I am set out to prove them wrong.

But I am hung up on the fact that people who feel these extreme emotions and run to the IRC show no effort to take the hit of depression and try to solve the problem themselves

Only you can decide who you are, not other people. Other people can't decide what is best for you, because they don't know you, your thoughts, or anything else that you understand to make cognitive decisions.

Life is a journey of self expression and self realization.

---------------
    "This world is spinning around me, this world is spinning without me. As I come off of this bad dose of reality I realize I’m not afraid to fail. For failure is a lack of realization"

you know, I was self reliant too... until I started going insane... I think that relying on other people is a side effect of that

Quote Originally Posted by r4di0sensitive View Post
    I have drastic outburst of anger in the IRC
    based on this statement i'd say the main problem in the IRC is you, rather than anyone else. many people in there are teenagers and teenagers will always complain about their angst. i think removing yourself from the channel was a good move, but it would be even better if you had the self-control to stay without antagonizing people.

... if nothing else its eloquent

I can understand where your coming from, and thats the difference from you and others, you've had enough...

Quote Originally Posted by bennerman View Post
    you know, I was self reliant too... until I started going insane... I think that relying on other people is a side effect of that
    side effect? maybe. but i look as it as an impulse when one senses that they can't, or thinks they can't deal with a problem by themself. annoying as it may be when used several if not all times when dealing with a problem, i also think it is a last resort that people have come way to familiar with for it, no longe a last resort it, they use it as a crutch when they feel threatened with a psychological disturbance

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    based on this statement i'd say the main problem in the IRC is you,
    based on this statement i'd say that you read this and stopped reading

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    the main problem in the IRC is you, rather than anyone else.

angst.

stay without antagonizing people.

Maybe people on here don't have an inferiority complex. Maybe you have a superiority one! What a complex complex complex we live in.

GaashaHuzzah

based on this statement i'd say that you read this and stopped reading
    Based on this statement I'd say you don't want any constructive criticism, instead just wanting to be told you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    Based on this statement I'd say you don't want any constructive criticism, instead just wanting to be told you're right.
    i do want constructive criticism but the statement was neither constructive or criticism. it came off as an attack and that the writer didn't take the time to read why i'm having anger outbursts, i welcome the criticism as long it is directed to the points i put across and the things i'm tryingto understans and not attcking me or my behavior

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Maybe people on here don't have an inferiority complex. Maybe you have a superiority one! What a complex complex complex we live in.
    maybe it is a superioroty complex, but i don't have it under false pretenses if i have it. i feel compelled to show my objection to this repetitious behaviour. i'm not totally agaisnt going to people for help but i feel it is becoming too mainstream

Hay hay... wow, just wow Radio.
    This thread doesn't make me feel good at all. Do the words SUPPORT COMMUNITY mean anything to you?
    We aren't here to talk about our diapers, we care about the person IN the diaper. Thats the whole premise behind the site.

To answer your question, thats the way the IRC has been as long as I can remember.

Part of what we try to get these people to do is to find that power within thier self to move on/make things better. God knows I needed the help a few years back, and some body else will. Alot of these people who do it aren't emotionally developed yet (see teenager). Like it or not, teenagers are still children, and STILL need to be taken care of when shit hits the fan. That is just the way it works, you can help by not doing the same thing and making drama posts like this one. (Thats exactly what this is).

Part of knowing and learning about what is best for you... is hey!
    Getting ideas from others.

I can keep going, if youd like

Quote Originally Posted by Corri View Post
    Hay hay... wow, just wow Radio.
    This thread doesn't make me feel good at all. Do the words SUPPORT COMMUNITY mean anything to you?
    We aren't here to talk about our diapers, we care about the person IN the diaper. Thats the whole premise behind the site.

To answer your question, thats the way the IRC has been as long as I can remember.

Part of what we try to get these people to do is to find that power within thier self to move on/make things better. God knows I needed the help a few years back, and some body else will. Alot of these people who do it aren't emotionally developed yet (see teenager). Like it or not, teenagers are still children, and STILL need to be taken care of when shit hits the fan. That is just the way it works, you can help by not doing the same thing and making drama posts like this one. (Thats exactly what this is).

Part of knowing and learning about what is best for you... is hey!
    Getting ideas from others.

I can keep going, if youd like
    first off this communities definiton of drama astounds me. defined by the dictionary drama is a state, situation, or series of events involving interesting or intense comflict of forces. adisc's definition is anything used to evoke a reaction, which leads me to another thing

this is not a drama thread and is not intended to be a drama thread. it is intended to help me understand how this string of behavior became acceptable. and by string of behavior i mean going for help when they havn't even identified the problem themselves

but you must realize what the problem is yourself and attempt to fix it, then if that fails then go for help, because then you can say you need help on something that is difficult for ones self to overcome, if you don't try you would realize in the end that it could have been trivial and could have been resolved by ones self

and as for 'support community' support means to give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to. but does this 'community' give support when needed or when asked for? there are those who need support and those who want support. instead of spreading our ability to support so thin we confuse it's definition, why don't we ponder on what the problem is and if the problem is trivial enough to be dealt with by the individual

when you say teenagers need to be taken care of, i respectfully disagree. you are using teenager as an umbrella term by sayin that all are not capable to handle problems. this makes me think of mako. i lost alot of respect for him because he would try to pacify me when i felt strongly on something, but my issues mako are water under the bridge and i would like to move on