Thread: Feeling the time fly right by.

Default Feeling the time fly right by.

I'll be turning 31 next month, and I know I am not getting any younger.

I fear to sound whiny by saying this, but here goes. I long to find the right man to settle down and spend the rest of my life with. But I feel that the older I get, the chances of that ever happening will just get slimmer and slimmer. I go out into the world and try to meet people, but my social ineptness tends to get in the way of that. Add in the fact that I am also an AB, and I feel my chances are even slimmer because of that. Ah, well.

I will stop whining now. I don't particularly like to wallow in self-pity - but once in a very great long while, I do so anyway (I guess this is that once in a great long while right here). I hope others here can understand where I am coming from, though.

On the upside, I guess you can say these feelings are not driving me to desperately seek intimate companionship at every turn or, even worse, in inappropriate situations - I know enough to know that will lead me nowhere. Heh.

I feel the same way and i'm only 20, i REALLY want to find a bf as av never had one and i've got all this love built up inside me and nobody to share it with (hence the i love puppies thread)

I car't give you much advice because i'm in the same boat with the social ineptness thing and what not, but what i will say is. Your not old at all! Your not even half way through your life yet and have loads of time to find somebody special, don't give up

Quote Originally Posted by Berko View Post
    I feel the same way and i'm only 20, i REALLY want to find a bf as av never had one and i've got all this love built up inside me and nobody to share it with (hence the i love puppies thread)

I car't give you much advice because i'm in the same boat with the social ineptness thing and what not, but what i will say is. Your not old at all! Your not even half way through your life yet and have loads of time to find somebody special, don't give up
    I know you are right. I still have many years ahead of me.

I have had a couple of boyfriends in the past, but nobody in the last six years. Not to mention, the last "boyfriend" I had did not bother to tell me that I was his affair on the side until he decided to break up with me suddenly - ack!

I am feeling better now, actually. Just making that post, articulating how I feel to people who will most likely understand, and getting it out of my system was all it took for me to feel better about the situation. Strange how things sometimes work out like that. It's better than keeping it bottled up inside.

Just keep looking, I'm way older than you and I haven't stopped looking, I think the main trouble is we set our standards too high trying to find all of the qualitys we like in one neat and hopefully cute package.

I will keep looking, I just hope I find someone before it's way too late for me, untill then I will be looking and hopeing I find Mr. right or at least Mr. OK.

I'm very young, so I can't really say I've been there...

I can say though, that my mother met her first husband when she was 17 and married him at 19. It didn't work out. She was unhappy and had 3 children to raise by herself.

When she was 31, she met her 2nd husband (my father). She was 33 when they started dating and 36 when she got remarried. 4 years later she had another child. After 19 years they're still happily married.

And DAD was 40 when they started going out. He'd never even had a GF before then. So don't worry.

Don't lose hope, Kaworuchan, one day you'll find someone. :3