Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I?

Default Should I?

There is a dance this Saturday at my school and I am debating whether or not I should attend.

Pros:

-I would like to spend a Saturday night NOT working
    -Would give me a chance to hang out with some people, something that I do VERY rarely

-One of the last social events of High School

Cons:

-There is no real group of people that I am comfortable around going
    -I get real nervous/uneasy/ feeling of outcastness if I am kind of "out in the open"

Basically I look at this decision from a social and economic stand point. I would like to socialize, but there is really no one there that I could spend 3 hours with, b/c I recently noticed that I get really tense around groups of people that I don't really know.

But, from an economical stand point I don't want to piss away $10 to just feel awkward and out of place. Because that $10 could be used for business capital or car repairs

So, IDK what would the community of ADISC suggest I do, I am on the fence about this right now, haha.

GaashaHuzzah

Um... I really don't want to be mean when I say this...

Take some initiative and stop looking towards a website for all your answers in life.

Put simply.. Take a day off work.. You risk losing your job. No matter where you work

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    Put simply.. Take a day off work.. You risk losing your job. No matter where you work
    It isn't a formal job per say, when I say work it is a conglomerate of my home business, my studies, writings, and coding.

Its the last event at your High School! Go to it! You'll never get that opportunity again and down the road you'll regret it if you don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    Um... I really don't want to be mean when I say this...

Take some initiative and stop looking towards a website for all your answers in life.
    I do not take offense to that sir. I am, however merely looking for some delegation between myself and other parties in the quest for insight on this subject. Translated I am saying that I just want to drum up conversation and spill my feelings and troubles dealing with the subject, but also get some tips towards the subject.

oh, BTW, this website is not the gateway to my answers in life, I am apying a psychologist very good money to do that for me.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I do not take offense to that sir.
    Ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    Ma'am.
    wow, my sincerest apologizes to you miss. My mistake

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    wow, my sincerest apologizes to you miss. My mistake
    It happens a lot here, no worries.

For the most part, it sounds like you don't want to attend. You mention feeling uncomfortable in such a situation (I would / do too), and really don't want to pay $10.00 to feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, you do want to socialize.

Is there a third option? Any friends or family with which to have dinner and see a movie?