Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24

Exclamation 24

Is anyone here on the Disc EXCITED for the return of 24 Season 8 ?

I my self am going crazy with pent up excitement, i love this show and i am dieing to see what is going to go down in NYC.

2 Night 4 Hour Season 8 Premiere Begins Sunday Jan 17th @ 9 pm \ 8 pm c !!!!!!!!!!!

Just watching the preview gave me uncontrollable goosebumps. I know not everyone loves this show as much as i do, but on the off chance any one here is also a Jack Bauer addict please wave your flag !!

Oh and btw 500th POST w00T!!!

iv seen the first few series on DVD and really liked it. But i want to watch them in order

Quote Originally Posted by Berko View Post
    iv seen the first few series on DVD and really liked it. But i want to watch them in order
    season 2 wasn't that great I think.. some parts of it were others weren't. Season 3 was great, with the adition of Chase and I thnk that was the first season with clohey too.. plus Nina comes back. season 6 was perhaps the worst one yet.. but season 7 came back with the classic 24 action/plot we all know and love.

Either way.. Jack Bauer gets shit done!!

Definitely watch it all in order.. there is SOOOO much back story its almost daunting but its well Worth it !!!!!!

I watched the first episode of season one close to a decade ago and i have NEVER missed an episode since because i find every season to be better then the last and i REALLY can't see how they can out do the last season .... it made me cry....

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    Definitely watch it all in order.. there is SOOOO much back story its almost daunting but its well Worth it !!!!!!

I watched the first episode of season one close to a decade ago and i have NEVER missed an episode since because i find every season to be better then the last and i REALLY can't see how they can out do the last season .... it made me cry....
    Season 6 was not better then season 3 at all.. Season 3 and 7 were very different in terms of settings and the only original face was really jack and then someone else a few episode in, which is why I can't compare those two. But really Season 6 was just so freaking stupid.

I have no idea how you can think season 6 was stupid, Jack has done so many crazy things on day 6 its impossible to list, including escaping an EXPLODING gas plant..... Not only that but it was the first real introduction and explaination into Jack's extended family we got to see the corruption that runs near any "saint" like figure in a sense AND we finally got to meet Jacks father !@!!!.

OH and did i mention a Nuclear Bomb WAS Detonated IN California .... IN ....... People died .... prettyyy Crazzyyyy

Also Milo comes back and Dies spactacularly not to mention we finally saw someone COMPETANT enough to ever replace Jack at CTU Doyle, since Curtis was killed .....BY JACK !!!!!!

The White house side stories were also extremely relevant in the US when it came out and setting aside how much further they were developing character interaction with the white house staff, international ties were put into perspective excellently, showing how even the best president can pit fall to even his own government. Oh and we had Samwise Gamgee as CTU Director !!!! >_< absolutely NUTS!

I can't continue all i can say is Day 6 Kicks ARSE !!! and you need to re-watch it if you think it doesn't. Either that or try watching the story line progress from Hour 1 Day 1 all the way till Hour 24 Day 7 like i have and you might get an increased appreciation for the true nature of the story development/progression wrap up....

And BTW we got answers to Palmers Death which in itself verified Day 6 as epic.

I love 24...I think it's become my favorite TV show. Some seasons are better than others, but there hasn't been a bad season...all of them have been great.

I agree with Squishy...everyone bashes season 6, but I actually liked it...it kept me interested.

If I had to rank them, from best to worst, my order would be:

3, 1, 6, 7, 5, 2, 4.

Pretty good list Teddy564339, for me i think it goes 3rd,2nd,1st,6th,4th,5th,7th but it changes a lot depending on my mood.

have you heard anything about Day 8 though ? i think the idea of it being in NY is a welcome change

---------- Post added 17-01-2010 at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 13-01-2010 at 07:29 PM ----------

Tonight is the NITE !!!!!

I remember watching the promos back in 2001 but I have never been truly attached to the show or have never watched it. I don't hate the show but I do hate when my friend at school can talk forever about 24 and his FML stuff ALL THE TIME!!! But I do watch Fringe avidly. So I don't want to be an outlier in this thread but Basketball!

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    I remember watching the promos back in 2001 but I have never been truly attached to the show or have never watched it. I don't hate the show but I do hate when my friend at school can talk forever about 24 and his FML stuff ALL THE TIME!!! But I do watch Fringe avidly. So I don't want to be an outlier in this thread but Basketball!

Let me say this...for YEARS I think I felt the same way you do. I missed the first 6 seasons when they aired live. But I heard so many people talking about how good it was, and I never heard anyone say they didn't like it.

So what I did was rent the first season on DVD. I still remember how I felt. I watched episode 1, and I was like "That was meh, nothing special." Then I watched episode 2, and thought "Ok, that was a little more interesting." By the time I watched the 3rd and 4th episodes, I was COMPLETELY hooked on it. I went on to finish watching the 1st season, and then I went through and bought all of them.

So...you have to watch the seasons in order. When you get the chance, I would rent the first disc of season 1 at some point. Watch the first 4 episodes. If you still don't like it, then you may not like the show. But until you try that, it's hard to see what's so great about the show...because that's the way I felt until I finally got around to renting that first disc.