Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practical sleeper use

Default Practical sleeper use

I just moved into a house in Philly and found out the furnace is slightly broken. My good friend/roommate and I were complaining to each other that it was cold, even wearing a coat and sleeping under several blankets. I ended up wearing my sleeper to bed after the first night, and even offered him one. He seriously thought about it because it's that freaking cold, but ultimately passed.

Today, I joked that I was "bringing the warmth with me" by putting jeans, a coat, and my shoes right over my sleeper, completely obscuring it from view. Thus, running errands was pleasant for me. I'll probably have to change out of it once company comes over, just to save on embarrassment.

I recently moved back to my student house, and it's freezing. Without boring you with details, the heating's not on and it won't be on for a while.

So I've just been wearing my sleeper all week. I'm wearing it right now in fact!
    My house mates don't mind, they've adjusted to the fact that I'm a bit weird.

Bringing your warmth with you is the main reason for wearing a sleeper, when you get out of bed on those cold mornings you don't need to dress to stay warm, most days I spend the entire morning in my sleepers, and have been know just to dress over them and go out shopping and doing things outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I recently moved back to my student house, and it's freezing. Without boring you with details, the heating's not on and it won't be on for a while.

So I've just been wearing my sleeper all week. I'm wearing it right now in fact!
    My house mates don't mind, they've adjusted to the fact that I'm a bit weird.
    Your would have fit right in at my dorm when I was in college. The only thing that was ever considered weird at the choir college was this one guy who had the only basement room. We thought they put him down there because he was a serial killer. He had that strange look in his eyes. He didn't last more than a semester and then he was gone.

That same dorm got so cold at night that when I woke up in the morning the windows would have a quarter of an inch of ice on the Insides, just from the moisture in our breath. I complained about it and the administrator said I should be glad that it had some heat in it during the day.

Lol, been doing the exact same thing in these snow storms Whenever I go out I wear my sleeper (sometimes padded) under my normal clothes... definately worth it!! Sooo waaaarm

I always wear my jammies under my jeans these days especially cause it's so cold outside and it keeps me warm, but the other main bonus is that its just the right amount of added bulk to hide diapers =)

I don't wear my footies out but I do find them practical. I can turn the thermostat down way lower and be comfotable than I could without them.

lol if i had footies or sleepers i would wear them, my room gets so cold, my hand got so cold one night it hurt

I wore my cotton sleeper to school on Friday, our school has no heating and I'm sick of freezing. Good thing my clothes covered it properly as it was bright pink, that would have been embarrassing had it of been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    when I woke up in the morning the windows would have a quarter of an inch of ice on the Insides, just from the moisture in our breath.
    that's how it is in my apartment... my windows are frozen shut with a ton of ice on the inside. our porch door is the same it's very annoying when you wanna let fresh air in

my bf was gonna get me some footie pjs for Christmas cuz they had sock monkeys on em and the feet were the monkeys (I like monkeys... he's been adding to my small collection since our second year together) but he decided against it i almost slapped him