Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ever bought a game at walmart?

Default ever bought a game at walmart?

so yesterday I went into walmart and bought call of duty Modern Warfare 2 well turns out the game doesn't work. I looked at the return policy and it says Prerecorded music, movies, and software products must be returned unopened. So I bought a game that cost me $ 62.96 that doesn't work and the policy stats that I can't return it. I want to know has anyone ever bought a game at walmart and was able to return it?

This actually happened to me during my Christmas break, i got MW2 also it was a bad disc so i just took it back and traded it for another copy. no questions asked all i had to do is sign the receipt they gave me and show them my ID. Btw I did not have a receipt cause it was a Christmas gift.

^OP,

just tell them that it doesn't work. If you bring your receipt, you can probably trade it for a new copy without any trouble. Their policy is more geared towards people who rip games, then return them to their money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    This actually happened to me during my Christmas break, i got MW2 also it was a bad disc so i just took it back and traded it for another copy. no questions asked all i had to do is sign the receipt they gave me and show them my ID. Btw I did not have a receipt cause it was a Christmas gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    ^OP,

just tell them that it doesn't work. If you bring your receipt, you can probably trade it for a new copy without any trouble. Their policy is more geared towards people who rip games, then return them to their money back.
    bingo.
    Walmart usually will let you trade it for another identical copy of the game.

BTW, what system? I'm assuming it's PC if it simply doesn't work (since they keep their 360 and PS3 games locked up). Usually, with PC games, it has something to do with the PC your installing it too, and not the disc itself. If the game was able to actually be installed fully, then it's a problem with the computer, not the game.

Walmart policy is I think that it can be returned for the exact same game.

You should be able to exchange it for another CoDMW2. You can't return it because of copyright. They are worried you might copy the game and get it for free

I bought all my Kirby games at Wal-Mart for a total of 5, including Kirby Air Ride that I got for 23.95C$.

Mako

Wal-Mart's policy as far as I know prevents returning it for money, credit, or exchange of a different game to prevent people from just buying one game and constantly exchanging it for ones of equal or lesser value.

If you explain to them that the game disk doesn't work (which I've heard quite a few blank disk stories about MW2) they should be happy to exchange it for another copy of MW2 as long as you have the receipt and the game or case isn't damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by xcliber View Post
    bingo.
    Walmart usually will let you trade it for another identical copy of the game.

BTW, what system? I'm assuming it's PC if it simply doesn't work (since they keep their 360 and PS3 games locked up). Usually, with PC games, it has something to do with the PC your installing it too, and not the disc itself. If the game was able to actually be installed fully, then it's a problem with the computer, not the game.
    actually it was not a PC game it was for my 360. over here they got rid of the glass case and put them into a plastic anti theft case in which the alarm will go off if you leave the game area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    actually it was not a PC game it was for my 360. over here they got rid of the glass case and put them into a plastic anti theft case in which the alarm will go off if you leave the game area.
    oh wow, yeah, they'll definitely let you exchange it then. There is no user error here. (unless your putting the disc into your 360 upside down or something :P)