Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storyline RP?

Default Storyline RP?

Something I've noticed on this forum is that just about every RP I see has 1-2 line posts. Now I'm not knocking folks who enjoy that kinda RP, but to me, it doesn't really spark the kind of creative rush that storyline RP does. For those of you unfamiliar with this type of roleplay, it's where the players use paragraphs with descriptive sentences to construct a scene and interact.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a dying art these days, yet when I started RPing 14 years ago, it was the way things were done. So just curious...anyone here enjoy that kind of roleplay?

GaashaHuzzah

I love that kind, but if someone only gives you a sentence to work with, you can't do much with it.

We still have a few stragglers, check out Something Wicked This Way Comes... Yet To be named had a few one liners, so I'll exclude that...

Thanks for the tip. Looked through it, and while the style is what I'm talking about, I hate going into a long-running RP...mostly because it tends to upset the balance.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by lakotawolfpup View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Looked through it, and while the style is what I'm talking about, I hate going into a long-running RP...mostly because it tends to upset the balance.
    Oh, I know!

In this day and age if you try to enter something even a page after the first post, you won't be able to shimmy your way in there at all.

Same thing goes for stream conversations and so much else.

Mesmerale

I've kind of given on on the Roleplaying forum for just that reason...

I mean, I'm not much help either, I've gotten so lazy about it that I'm only supplying a few lines myself, but if I could shake myself awake, I may be able to throw something decent together...

I suppose it's a matter of discipline, for me. I'm just too effing spoiled from chatplaying for the past year and a half..

I like maybe a paragraph on private IM'ing, but on a forum it's much more fun this way. If anyone were to kick one off i'd be more than happy to participate (given that the storyline is one of interest and not just another generic "mom and dad" roleplay).

My personal favourite type is Medieval Fantasy roleplay. Have written a few Anthro-Novels based in the dark ages with a twist of fantasy.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyKodiak View Post
    I like maybe a paragraph on private IM'ing, but on a forum it's much more fun this way. If anyone were to kick one off i'd be more than happy to participate (given that the storyline is one of interest and not just another generic "mom and dad" roleplay).

My personal favourite type is Medieval Fantasy roleplay. Have written a few Anthro-Novels based in the dark ages with a twist of fantasy.
    My favorite are the general "Gifted" kind of roleplays. XD

Anything with powers, abilities, magic, and the like. ^_^

But, like I said, I've gotten so lazy about it, I haven't participated in one in a long time.

LilpawsGHuskypup

Being a role play moderator on another forum, I've experienced this kind of role play to work pretty smoothly. But I'm not a fan of one paragraph posts either, I find role plays with more descriptive and interacting post more alive and interesting.
    Everyone must know the rules though, it's not funny when one player plays god and controls other players. We no like that!

Quote Originally Posted by lakotawolfpup View Post
    We've had a few people leave it, and it's a bit inactive at the moment, so there's no risk of the balance been upset more than it already has.

I love doing those types of rps but dislike doing it on the fourm. Id rather do it on msn becuse It alot faster for me. Plus I need someone who wants to rp with me...