Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for non-sexual *B's

Default Question for non-sexual *B's

For me, even though I'm an AB, the emotional pleasures I get from it are intertwined with the sexual pleasures I get from it. While there do seem to be a lot of people who are similar, I've heard some people say there's not a sexual element to their *Bism (or that it's very minimal).

So my question is for these people, since I have a hard time picturing what it's like to be a *B with no sexual desires for it. And the question is...how is your *Bism different than just a hobby? (Other than the fact that it's not accepted by society in general the way most hobbies are).

I ask this because it seems to me that if I removed the sexual side of my ABism, it would almost be more like an activity I engage in. But I tend to talk about hobbies more in terms of what I do...I say that I play video games, not that I'm a gamer. But with *Bism, most people tend to identify it as a part of who they are rather than something they do...they ARE a *B, they don't "do baby stuff".

Just a random thought that intrigued me.

With regards to "I'm a gamer" and "I play games"/"I'm an AB" and "I do baby things".

I think it's the way people treat lables. I wouldn't say I was a gamer as such, as I'm don't spend allot of time on it. Everyone knows what a gamer is these days, and I think although everyone has a console, people are more dedicated to it than others. So as you say they don't identify themselves as such, as I guess they can easily adapt to withdrawal of computer/video games.

I guess the same applies to AB, sure there is a large number of people who have plushies and other bits and bobs they keep that is cute. But wouldn't over indulge themselves as a baby, so there is a line I suppose.

But then again, you don't hear people say "I do baby stuff" often? So maybe it's to deliver the same meaning but in a less embarrassing context.

It's not really a sexual thing for me, although I can see how it possibly could be. As far as labels though, I still consider myself to be "AB", though I don't really call it that. When the mood strikes, I usually just say I'm "being little". *shrugs*
    Last edited by Nicky; 09-Jan-2010 at 18:49.

LilLillyKitten

I'm an AB and I do baby stuff... =P

Now, if there is force involved... it can be a different story...

When I wear diapers, it mostly isn't sexual but with the right pictures it can be haha.

Though it's largely non-sexual for myself. When I see models of guys/girls in diapers who are paid to be sexy in diapers then yeah it becomes a little sexualized but then the reality of it kicks in; They're doing it for the money and not the legitimate feelings that I have for them. That usually turns it back into non-sexual for myself

I'm not entirely an AB, I like some AB things like onesies and cute footed PJ's but theres a lot of stuff I think i'd be uncomfortable with. When I put on a diaper (which is mostly at night), I feel like a little boy/toddler. I just wanna be protected and comfortable -- happy :]
    Last edited by Lazy; 09-Jan-2010 at 23:03.

For me, even though I'm an AB, the emotional pleasures I get from it are intertwined with the sexual pleasures I get from it.
    It is an interesting thought. One way to file it is that the brain in particular has certain cravings...namely those of hunger, thirst, sex, and sleep. Now I'm not saying all of us are addicted in some way to this but in some way this is our quirk and we have some level of craving to do these things. I file it under the idea that this squeezes in with those 4 things, it may overlap with sexual desires a bit but it also may not. Since there seems to be some deep psycological links to most forms of this, I tend to believe that there is something subconsciously causing us to find more enjoyment in this than most other people would. Is it necessarily sexual? No. But the separation of sex and this can be difficult as if you really really enjoy some things or experience a euphoria of sorts I'd say it could definitely be a comparable experience albeit entirely different as well.

Well... I might be an outlier, but I'm completely nonsexual. Like COMPLETELY completely.

And I'm, well, at best minorly AB. For the most part, for me, it's a coping mechanism, more equated with biting my nails or having a comfort food or liking a particular jacket on a bad day, aside from my bedwetting than with something like, say, the fact that I like to collect movies or to bicycle. I don't -like- to do most of the things that I do when diapers are concerned. I do them because they make the other things I do in diapers a lot more bearable and normal-seeming by comparison and by having one action fit in with the rest. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    For me, even though I'm an AB, the emotional pleasures I get from it are intertwined with the sexual pleasures I get from it. While there do seem to be a lot of people who are similar, I've heard some people say there's not a sexual element to their *Bism (or that it's very minimal).

So my question is for these people, since I have a hard time picturing what it's like to be a *B with no sexual desires for it. And the question is...how is your *Bism different than just a hobby? (Other than the fact that it's not accepted by society in general the way most hobbies are).

I ask this because it seems to me that if I removed the sexual side of my ABism, it would almost be more like an activity I engage in. But I tend to talk about hobbies more in terms of what I do...I say that I play video games, not that I'm a gamer. But with *Bism, most people tend to identify it as a part of who they are rather than something they do...they ARE a *B, they don't "do baby stuff".

Just a random thought that intrigued me.
    It's a fair question, and not the easiest thing to answer either. With a 'thing' such as DL or a sexual aspect to *B you can fairly easily say "I do this when I like because it's comfortable/arousing/ enjoyable" etc. When it's non-sexual I think in the majority of cases it is more of a personality than an activity as you said, though what that means is different to different people.

With myself, I've gone to bed cuddling a stuffed rabbit since I can remember. Sometimes (and I think this is the most common reason you'll get) it's that it's for comfort, other times there is no reason, it's just something I've always done and likely always/often will do.
    If you can understand this, it's like half being stuck in a child-like mindset, you can live your life normally, but I have a tendency to act childishly if I'm under too much stress, I still want a cuddle if I'm upset, and I'll cry if my emotions are that way. I'm also generally very playful.

Like any personality trait, it's not that simple and you don't know why it's there, but it just is.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    With myself, I've gone to bed cuddling a stuffed rabbit since I can remember. Sometimes (and I think this is the most common reason you'll get) it's that it's for comfort, other times there is no reason, it's just something I've always done and likely always/often will do.
    If you can understand this, it's like half being stuck in a child-like mindset, you can live your life normally, but I have a tendency to act childishly if I'm under too much stress, I still want a cuddle if I'm upset, and I'll cry if my emotions are that way. I'm also generally very playful.

This is an extremely interesting point to me, because even though my ABism is partly sexual too, I'm the same way. What I mean is...I'm also kind of in that "stuck in a child-like mindset" a lot of the time as well.

The confusing part is...I don't know if/how that's connected to my ABism. Like...are there people out there who aren't AB's but have these same child-like tendencies out there? I would imagine so.

But at the same time...these child-like tendencies flow so easily into my ABism as well, so I can't help but feel like they're connected.

For me, I just always think it's because I'm a pretty quiet, shy, simple, sheltered, and emotional person. But ABism fits so well into that personality...snuggling a plushie, feeling innocent, being naturally sensitive and loving...these are child-like aspects, and they flow right into the innocence of ABism.

But I think that would probably mark the difference between ABism and other hobbies...it's who you are rather than what you do. Even though I don't engage in AB activities all the time, that childlike aspect is a part of who I am...it's just sometimes I have to "act like an adult" in order to function in the real world.

That's not to say I want to wear diapers all of the time, and I certainly wouldn't want people in my "normal" life to baby me or anything crazy like that. But, in a magical ideal world, I do think it would be nice if I could cuddly my teddy any time I wanted, no matter who was around, and have it be viewed as a normal thing to do.

So maybe that's the key...even though most of us don't want to be in baby mode 24/7, our ABism really is a part of who we are, rather than something we like to do. It's something that in some way is ingrained into us all of the time....whereas saying something like "I like to play basketball" isn't something that is a part of our personality or affects us all of the time.

I'm just rambling now, but I think your whole comment about being naturally child-like may be a huge key to this. I know some topics have touched on this in the past, but after I do some searching I may consider making a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post

I'm just rambling now, but I think your whole comment about being naturally child-like may be a huge key to this. I know some topics have touched on this in the past, but after I do some searching I may consider making a thread about it.
    I made one last month that may be of interest:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...rsonality.html
    Last edited by WoodlandWanderer; 10-Jan-2010 at 19:41. Reason: Added link