Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS stores?

Default UPS stores?

Okay, I am always paranoid when I order diapers that they may come on a saturday, which is the only day out of the week where I would not really be the only person around when it arrives.

I found out that UPS stores apparently have a system where you can order something online, and it will ship to one of there locations and they will hold it for you until you come to pick it up. I'm wondering if anyone has ever used or uses this to buy there diapers. If so, are there any requirements for getting a mailbox like being 18 or anything or having to pay a periodical fee, or any other things I should be concerned about? Because it's be really useful but at the same time I'm a little skeptical about the whole ordeal of sending my diapers somewhere else.

i havent used ups but a cheap no name notary and mail place by my house will hold packages like that and dont read the labels so they dont know whats in them you dont have to be 18 but have to pay for a monthly mailbox and have ID and all that crap

but other than that it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    Okay, I am always paranoid when I order diapers that they may come on a saturday, which is the only day out of the week where I would not really be the only person around when it arrives.

I found out that UPS stores apparently have a system where you can order something online, and it will ship to one of there locations and they will hold it for you until you come to pick it up. I'm wondering if anyone has ever used or uses this to buy there diapers. If so, are there any requirements for getting a mailbox like being 18 or anything or having to pay a periodical fee, or any other things I should be concerned about? Because it's be really useful but at the same time I'm a little skeptical about the whole ordeal of sending my diapers somewhere else.
    It's actually quite easy. Just address the item to yourself, and change YOUR address to the UPS store's address. I don't think there is a minimum age, but you do have to pay $5 when you pick your item up. Other then that, you don't need a separate mail box or anything.

Yes, $5 *OR* if you do a lot of this rent a po box and then it's included with your box rental.

I have a P.M.B, (Public Mail Box) at a UPS around the corner from my house. It works out quite well since I live on a busy corner and have had items stolen from my porch before. I'm not sure if you need to be 18 or not, but they did ask for proof of physical address. (ie: utility bill etc.) If you are not going to use it that often just pay the $5.00 or so pick-up fee. I think you will need an I.D. though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    It's actually quite easy. Just address the item to yourself, and change YOUR address to the UPS store's address. I don't think there is a minimum age, but you do have to pay $5 when you pick your item up. Other then that, you don't need a separate mail box or anything.
    Really? Do I have to contact them before hand to let them know that a package is coming addressed to me or something of that nature?

no, you don't need to contact them in advance, but if this is your first time doing this you might want to give your local UPS store a call just to see what their policy is on customer pickups. my UPS store has never charged me a $5 fee. and you don't need a mailbox or anything, they'll just hold it for you behind the counter. it's very convenient. you just have to make sure you pick it up within 5 business days after it arrives; otherwise they'll ship it back to the company.

the first line of the address you give should be your name and then the words "HOLD FOR CUSTOMER PICKUP!" (i always put it in caps) then give the address of the UPS store, rather than your own address. you can add your telephone number onto the end of the first line so they'll call you when the package arrives, but i've found it's a lot more reliable to just track the package online.

It really depends on the UPS store. I have one ups store who does not really care. So I do not even get charged for the hold fee. (Although... I think the fee is 5 bucks a day. So everyday it is there it is 5 dollars.) So you may want to talk with the ups store you are sending it to and see what type of policy they have.

There is one up store in my area who does not even except holds. So just check with the place first. I always have mine shipped to an ups store. Just more discreet and easier and I can just pick it up after I get off work on my way home.

wow, I am so going to look into this. It's like all my problems just vanished :P I still need an 18+ ID though. TEN MONTHS! AUGH

... I wish sorely I'd known about this before I placed my first order last Thursday. My roommates have never tampered with a package of mine that I can remember but I can't help being nervous while I wait. Particularly since one of them has worked as my senior officer on our last security detail and knows most or my professional contacts. I'm going to do it this way from now on, in our field I really really can't afford anyone knowing.