Thread: The Thread on Threads

Lightbulb The Thread on Threads

For all ADISCers, we have all been tempted to make a thread for many purposes. Question on diapers, talk about something on the news, or even adopt each other (I'm still taking on the fact that I just want to one up the Gosselins and Octomom!). Some of us only make the "required" intro thread to unlock features as newbies and some of us are just beast at making threads (diaperedteenager is at 334 I think). I myself am around the 50s in my almost one and a half year here and I am just curious at what kinds of threads you make here at ADISC? What kinds of threads do you make or what stuff you thread the most about? Or, if you don't post threads habitually or at all, I hope that this thread can help you think more of the variety and the openness that we display here at ADISC (Just make sure it abides by the Rules though!).

I see through your charade TK7432 you just wanted to make another thread !!! =P

But to answer your question, me personally ill sit and think to myself what is something new and interesting that hasn't been brought to the general attention of ADISC, or what do i need to know and want others to learn, what do i want to know about ADISC'ers, OR if i simply need help with something ill post a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    I see through your charade TK7432 you just wanted to make another thread !!! =P

I am more concerned on Post Number than threads. 51 is just a coincidence.

Loopygone

I usually try to make threads on something informative, or that will get a good discussion going. Or if its just something fun I've found/thought up that hasn't been done before. I'm not a big thread creator, because most topics already have active threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    For all ADISCers, we have all been tempted to make a thread for many purposes. Question on diapers, talk about something on the news, or even adopt each other (I'm still taking on the fact that I just want to one up the Gosselins and Octomom!). Some of us only make the "required" intro thread to unlock features as newbies and some of us are just beast at making threads (diaperedteenager is at 334 I think). I myself am around the 50s in my almost one and a half year here and I am just curious at what kinds of threads you make here at ADISC? What kinds of threads do you make or what stuff you thread the most about? Or, if you don't post threads habitually or at all, I hope that this thread can help you think more of the variety and the openness that we display here at ADISC (Just make sure it abides by the Rules though!).

Oh cont-re sir...335 =P

I think a good indication of the quality of a thread is how many people bother to reply. My top thread, in the fun and games forum has had over 100 replies in a relatively short length of time, which I think shows that it was worth posting.

I have, alas, had my fair share of less popular threads which were definitely not worth posting.

I think if there's a chance of it promoting discussion and interest, it's probably worth posting. If it's not, it'll die a quiet death. You won't get dragged into a dark room by a certain robotic cow if you post a duff thread, so as long as you do so with good intentions, it's worth having a go.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by thanksforallthefish View Post
    I think a good indication of the quality of a thread is how many people bother to reply. My top thread, in the fun and games forum has had over 100 replies in a relatively short length of time, which I think shows that it was worth posting.

I have, alas, had my fair share of less popular threads which were definitely not worth posting.

I think if there's a chance of it promoting discussion and interest, it's probably worth posting. If it's not, it'll die a quiet death. You won't get dragged into a dark room by a certain robotic cow if you post a duff thread, so as long as you do so with good intentions, it's worth having a go.
    A good thread is not defined by the amount of replies.

I direct you at the RP section for proof.

A good thread is rare on ADISC. It's like as rare as Unique pokemon. You generally only get one a playthrough, and even then, it might not be the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post

A good thread is rare on ADISC. It's like as rare as Unique pokemon. You generally only get one a playthrough, and even then, it might not be the one you want.
    I'm still mad I picked Gold over Silver version. Ho-Oh...really?