Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My weekend just got ruined!

Default My weekend just got ruined!

Well I have my therapist appointment tomorrow, i was all pumped to go, b/c i have a lot I want to talk about, BUT I just got a call from her saying she wants my mom to come with me. So, now i get fucked over. This is going to be a waste of everyones time tomorrow, b.c i will NOT open up to anything. My mom already has a fuck load of shit going on to worry about right now and my problems aren't going to make it any better. So tomorrow I get to drive 30 minutes to got waste 3 peoples time for 45 minutes, fucking awesome. I am just so god mother fucking pissed of right now!!!!! I was cruising along on this scholarship essay that I was writing and this news fucked my up...now another day of productivity wasted.

I can't wait for this mother fucking bitch god damn weekend to start. And now I am worried that treatment will be stopped if I don't open up tomorrow, but I don't want to talk if someone else is there. Well...if I get cut off I will just threaten suicide or something big to get my way!

Fuck...this is going to be interesting. I apologize for ranting, but I just am so pissed.

GaashaHuzzah

ok... don't be a little girl who just learned curse words from her drunken father and says them too much because she doesn't know the meaning of them about this.

Perhaps it's a sign you should finally tell your mom?

I know I apologize for my cursing, I was out of line. I'm not telling her though, it is none of her business

^ What they said, try not to be so "pre-negative" there has to be a way to work this situation to your benefit, you just have to put your mind to it. No one but you right now has the intention of wasting time tomorrow so far so that means its not set in stone. If you think your mom has so much to worry about already, then by her agreeing to be there tomorrow for you is a clear sign that she wants something out of it and she is probably looking for some progress, instead of being negative about it, why not foster her hopes ? if nothing else it will serve to reduce her stress there fore vicariously it should bolster your mood right ?

I think when your given lemons, no matter how "god mother fucking pissed of" small they might be ...you can always make lemonade =)

I am thinking of just doing pretty much that now. Just not talk about any issues, just say I am fine this week, just to put to ease her mind, then have it all explode out at next weeks session.

the best plan would be to call your therapist and say "no, i have a lot of stuff i want to talk to you about and i don't want my mom there." if she knew how much this was upsetting you i'm sure she wouldn't have made the decision she made. her job is to help you out with stuff, not to sabotage your weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I can't wait for this

mother fucking
    ding!

bitch
    ding!

god damn weekend
    ding!

Three points in one sentence! Ba bang. I might give you four instead because of the diversity. So four points.

There's always next weekend, isn't there? Have you asked your mom to not come since she's so stressed already?

Even without your Mom coming along, don't count on spilling all the beans and finding all the answers in the first session. It'll be dynamic process, and if something's not working, you and your therapist should discuss it and adjust as necessary.

I can totally sympathize about lost productivity though... Things might be clicking away nicely and then bam--mind fuck. (Pardon my 'French'...that's my term for it.) When it's not frozen outside I walk or run to clear the mind. Doesn't work perfectly, but it's better than nothing. And it's better exercise than sitting around tapping on a keyboard.

I hope the session goes well, despite not being what you expected. Keep in mind that it'll be a process and not a single shot kind of thing.

Avery is spot on the money. Therapists are there to provide support and guidance at a pace you are comfortable with. Tell the therapist you don't want your mother to be present and I'm sure something will be sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by PostTenebrasLux View Post
    Even without your Mom coming along, don't count on spilling all the beans and finding all the answers in the first session. It'll be dynamic process, and if something's not working, you and your therapist should discuss it and adjust as necessary.

I can totally sympathize about lost productivity though... Things might be clicking away nicely and then bam--mind fuck. (Pardon my 'French'...that's my term for it.) When it's not frozen outside I walk or run to clear the mind. Doesn't work perfectly, but it's better than nothing. And it's better exercise than sitting around tapping on a keyboard.

I hope the session goes well, despite not being what you expected. Keep in mind that it'll be a process and not a single shot kind of thing.
    Actually this is i think the 10th session we have had.