Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just a thought

Default just a thought

has anyone tried out the depends maximum protection diapers? im curious about trying them since they are currently the only babyish diapers i can find that will fit me

Depends max pro over night fit briefs are actually pretty good. I find they fit well and aren't too noisy if your wear something over them. they hold quite a lot and kinda hold back smells (for a time). They don't really leak but always benefit from a booster, all in all they get a 8/10 from me which is pretty good actually.

I use these most of the time. They're widely available, inexpensive, fit well enough, and aren't too uncomfortable.

They hold about one and a half big wettings for me before leaking, which isn't horrible. They're bulkier than most generic brands, and tend to make a lot of noise even with something over it.

Still, not bad at all. Better than most other diapers you can buy at local stores. Certainly not the best if you include it in the same caliber as Abena or Bambino, but passable.

Yeah they are not bad. They are pretty noisy so wearing them in public will require some tight underwear and baggy pants with a belt. (See this Wiki entry) They will hold 1.5 - 2 wetting depending (HA!) on the heaviness (for lack of a better word).

I cannot compare them to other brands because they are the only adult ones I've tried.

We don't get Depends Maximum Protection here. We had Depends Overnight Fitted Briefs for a while but they seemed to have disappeared. Now I noticed that independence australia has depends fitted briefs in normal, super and super plus. Apparently they have only two tapes per side compared to the 3 that I was used to. The old depends were crap and felt like wearing an empty plastic bag. I have ordered a package of the new supers so I will see what they are like and let everyone know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynomite810 View Post
    I use these most of the time. They're widely available, inexpensive, fit well enough, and aren't too uncomfortable.

They hold about one and a half big wettings for me before leaking, which isn't horrible. They're bulkier than most generic brands, and tend to make a lot of noise even with something over it.

Still, not bad at all. Better than most other diapers you can buy at local stores. Certainly not the best if you include it in the same caliber as Abena or Bambino, but passable.
    Depends are actually expensive when you factor in how CRAPPY they are. Bambinos are around $2/diaper...depends are around $1/diaper...and bambinos are >4x better than depends...you do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by babymick21 View Post
    Depends are actually expensive when you factor in how CRAPPY they are. Bambinos are around $2/diaper...depends are around $1/diaper...and bambinos are >4x better than depends...you do the math.
    It all depends (no pun). Sometimes you only want $1 worth of diaper. Right tool for the job. For anything long term, a high quality diaper is the way to go, but if it's something quicker, there's no need to go whole hog.

To the OP: I think Depends Fitted Maximum Protection are decent enough for an inexpensive, low capacity diaper. They almost disappeared when the new men's/women's products were introduced, but they seem to be making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by babymick21 View Post
    OK, would you trade me 4 bambinos for a pack of Depends?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It all depends (no pun). Sometimes you only want $1 worth of diaper. Right tool for the job. For anything long term, a high quality diaper is the way to go, but if it's something quicker, there's no need to go whole hog.

To the OP: I think Depends Fitted Maximum Protection are decent enough for an inexpensive, low capacity diaper. They almost disappeared when the new men's/women's products were introduced, but they seem to be making a comeback.
    Well said. I buy a whole range of diapers for a range of different uses. If you just want to wear for a little while and not use a diaper it would be a great waste to opt for a thick premium diaper. Cheap, less absorbent diapers are perfect for this, especially when trying to conceal under clothing.

these diapers have one thing going for them

Availability

let's face it they are everywhere. where few other diapers are carried, they will definitely be there.

although they are not that good, the ability to get your hands on them relatively easily makes it so that a lot of people end up wearing them